Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mid / Late April Weekend Trip - Which Resort (from London)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the title says...want to squeeze one in either w/e 17 or 24 April taking probably just friday off....dont want to do the overnight coach option (or am i missing a trick here??).

Minimal travel time, lively resort and relatively inexpensive is the order of the day.

Resort / operator recommendations much appreciated.

Cheers

P
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Limited options by that time of year - I'd personally go for Tignes. Other obvious contenders are Val Thorens and Chamonix (Grand Montets). The last being the liveliest, obviously. If the snow is good (which it looks as though it might be.... snowHead ) you might struggle to find weekend accommodation, though. You could try http://www.mountainsunltd.com/

otherwise I'd fly and hire a car. Might be easier to find accommodation outside the main resorts and drive up. Also leaves you flexible to decide where to ski, depending on conditions. If the weather is cooler then, with some more snow (not impossible by any means) you'd have more choice of resort, though many will be closing - Flaine closes 24 April, for example, as does our resort (Les Saisies).

If you want to make arrangements now, I'd go for Tignes. I wouldn't do an overnight coach for a weekend, though I've done it in the past for a week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
vanman, just planning the same sort of trip myself , but from manchester/liverpool on the w/e 17th
best result was chamonix with flights out at 6.30 am on the friday then back at 21.00 on the sunday giving two and a half days skiing for about £500 all in( ok nearer £600 with beer)
am doing this diy but try www.skiweekends.com

or just book the geneva flights then go to the snow, accomadation shouldnt be a problem at that time
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy