Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which easy skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As I mentioned in another thread, my Salomon Lords were lost, but now are found. The same avalanche that buried them also broke (like snapped in half) one ski of my guest skis (being ridden by my cousin.) I had four pairs of skis, which I kept at my apartment in the Alps. I plan to replace the broken guest skis. They were Salomon Aeromaxes in 158. Most of my guests liked them. I skied them myself a couple of times. They were not the lightest skis, but easy to turn on piste.

What would the experts suggest? The spec is a good-value, easy to ski, intermediate, on-piste ski that will appeal to everyone. I shall not be demoing any: the skier is still broken and can't get on a pair of skis, but has plenty of time to spend on the computer. And I would like to take advantage of the end of season sales, and indulge in a bit of retail therapy.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 5-04-10 17:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
planeurge, leaving skis for your guests to use .... your apartment must be the best! snowHead Something I doubt I will ever stretch to myself. Nice one!

As for skis, can't help much i'm afraid.

Kersh
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kersh, The guests are mostly family, but in any case they don't get to use the place unsupervised. The Aeromaxes got used about three weeks in total. I might get something from the insurance. But even so they probably paid for themselves, compared with hire costs.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
planeurge, still great idea. I'm sure my mates/family would love me to hand them a pair Salomon skis next time they come out with me. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
planeurge, anything cheap of ebay...

I have spent most of this season on head monster im88's and swiched to my rossi zenith z5's "rock skis" the other day my gosh they are so easy to turn... so if you can find a pair of them on fleabay jobs a good un....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy