Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go 1st to 4th April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have flights to Turin booked for a long weekend 1st to 4th April and intend skiing the Vallee Blanche on one of those days, but where to stay for the other days, that is the question.

I would like to ski La Thuile/La Rossiere and that is an easy journey to do a day trip to Chamonix for the VB, but am not sure on the conditions in La Thuile - they didn't appear to get much snow at the best of times.

Where else would be close(ish) to Chamonix that would be a good bet for conditions? (I know I could stay in Chamonix itself, but have been twice before and fancy going somewhere new).

Grand Massif, Courmayer where else might be OK ... What do people think?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ray, I skiied La Thuile a couple of weeks ago and I spoke to my son who'd skiied there yesterday, the snow is holding up quite well, they do maintain the pistes well. This year they seem to have been affected by high winds in January more than previous years, which has meant a lot of scouring of snow from the peaks above Fourclaz and Piccolo San Bernardo. So no off-piste there but the other areas are holding up well. I'd say you wouldn't have a problem for 3 days, you can get to La Rosiere which definitely has more snow and Courmeyer is very close. There is always the option of heli-skiing as well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
Where to go 1st to 4th April?

The North Pole? But if it rains, don't blame me Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pila is close by, but in another thread someone said there's little snow on the webcams. Still, you could always stay in Aosta (at the bottom of the Aosta bubble) and enjoy their restaurants!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"at the bottom of the Aosta bubble" Sorry meant Pila bubble
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As I'm off to the 3V tomorrow, I thought I'd better book something now for that weekend. For better or worse, I have booked La Thuile. I just hope that the snow holds up now.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy