Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Injured - money back for unused lesson and days on pass?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Daughter has broken leg and will not be using a lesson we have booked for her or the last two days of her pass. Never been in this position before so don't know whether it's worth trying to get any of the cash back. Or is it a write-off? If relevant, we're in France, lesson is with ESF and she did not have 'carre neige'.

Any views before I trudge down into town? Even if it's just 'it depends'.

p.s. daughter is fine (apart from the leg obviously) - wrapped up on sofa being looked after by mum and grandpa.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Higs, Sorry to hear that - hope she's ok.

I presume you booked a course of lessons? I'd go & talk to them. If they cant refund you, I guess they'd give you a letter for your insurance company so you could recoup it from them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My insurance covers lost pass days, not sure if it covered lessons as well.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Travel insurance should cover it, plus a bit extra. When I claimed for this sort of thing a few years ago I got a refund on the unused lift ticket, plus £35 per day that I couldn't ski.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Think I'll leave it to the insurance.

And open a beer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think the ski school won't normally refund you (though carré neige would refund lessons and pass). Your travel insurance should do, but I recommend you phone them immediately to put them in the picture; they don't take kindly to claims well after the event. Whether it's worth claiming depends on how big an excess there is on your insurance.

Hope she's OK - it's bound to be painful, though. Was she in a lesson when she incurred the injury? Lots of leg breaking snow round here today, really, really, deep and churned up on piste.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Higs, I think you're in La Clusaz (have had my eye on the Aravis conditions thread), aren't you? We actually called the ESF there on behalf of one of our guests who had some lessons booked and who was unwell so couldn't take them - they agreed to short-term postponement but not cancellation, so insurance and beer are the good option! Glad to read that she's wrapped up and doing ok.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Am already in contact with insurance re hospital, pharmacy stuff. Also the pisteurs want our insurance details tomorrow. She was in a lesson when it happened. A couple of the other kids in front of her in the snake fell and she tripped over them twidting her leg into a nice spiral fracture. Me and mrs Higs had dropped them off and were at the far end of the resort when we got the phonecall. By the time we caught up with her she'd already been stretchered down and xrayed. Everyone has been superb. Absolutely none of this 'won't move or treat you 'til they get a credit card' stuff that I've heard about. For example the docs secretary was at lunch when we left so he just asked us to pop back later. He also lent us one of his own kids blankets so she didn't get cold on the way back.

Tons of fresh snow here too (Le Grand Bornand).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Higs, good to hear she's been so well looked after. We've had only good experiences here, too. The fact that she was in a lesson probably helped, too, as they all know each other - though it's very bad luck, and unusual, to have such a serious injury in a ski lesson.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Higs, Here in Zillertal, Austria, lift passes and lessons are refunded if you get a doctor's note saying you are not fit to ski. No idea if that happens in France too... Ask the Doctor, he should know.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

No idea if that happens in France too

only with the (very cheap) Carte Neige insurance I think.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy