Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help! Can't get liners back into boots!

Poster: A snowHead
I'm clearly being a bit useless here. I took the liners out of my boots and now I can't get the damn things back in Sad

What's the knack? Or is it just brute force? I'm scared of breaking the cork footbeds in half Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jonm, place the boot shell on a bench/table bit of floor facing you, make sure the tonuge of the liner is tucked inside where it should be, point the toes in, and press the liner down from either side of the heel, you will fold the liner slightly into a Z shape around the heel but this is fine, watch out for bits catching on the front of the shell, keep the pressure pushing the liner in slow if you go to fast you will skin your knuckles.... when the liner goes round the corner you can then remove your hands form the back and just press on the top of the cuff... there is very little chance of you damaging the footbed doing this

what model is it again, some are harder than others

when you get really good you will be able to do ti with one hand!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I found this tricky too. I got them about halfway in and then used my feet to push them the rest of the way! Laughing

Won't be taking them out again in a hurry!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
queen bodecia wrote:
I found this tricky too. I got them about halfway in and then used my feet to push them the rest of the way! Laughing

Won't be taking them out again in a hurry!
Snap!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi CEM - thanks for that, will try now.

They're Nordica Easymove 12 or something like that.

Quote:

when you get really good you will be able to do ti with one hand!!

Yes I seem to remember you doing it in about 4 seconds flat! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't you take the footbeds out of the liners first?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jonm, just make sure that everything is really dry and then put some talc powder on the outside of the liners, they will slip in easy then.

Plus smell a bit better Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, dunno Puzzled They're pretty inflexible so I wouldn't fancy my chances of getting them back in if the liners were back in the boots.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Done. Thanks Little Angel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
With my Lange Comp Pros, I have to put the liner on my foot first, lace it up tight, then spread the shell and press the whole package in (not normal for most boots,but a major friction situation)...I find rubbing a bar of soap around on the major contact points of the liner and the shell, then rub a little "moisture" on the liner along the major contact points lets it slide right in much easier than "dry". I try to avoid silicone spray because, well, it's silicone spray and a bar of soap and some spittle goes a long way... The soap residue lasts for several days and does not affect the liner or shell at all really. Forcing liners in with too much force can risk some seam damage and tearing due to high-friction in spots. The tallc suggestion works too...although I had a small bottle of talc come apart in my gear bag once and make a major (nice smelling) mess! The bar of soap seems to behave nicely.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
exoticskis, my Nordica Dobermans had laces as well but I eventually decided that the difficulty of getting laced up liners in to cold shells was not compensated for by such increased performance and removed the laces to use them conventionally.

However, the laces are hanging on the back of my door... I may see what I think today after 3 seasons without...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't take mine out - especially not after CEM declared them to be a tight fit as he gritted his teeth and pushed.... (Nordica GTS8 women's)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jonm, I just fully open the shells and then with a hand inside the liner push it in toe first until the toe is 'round the bend' of the boot. Then I press down on the heel (from the inside) until it goes all the way in. A bit of effort is required but it works. Helps if the shells are warm too. Like Frosty the Snowman, says, I don't put the footbeds back until after the liners are back in place. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mine were a bug to get back in too so after a reasonable number of attemots I ended up putting them on my feet and then stepping into the boots carefully. Seemed to be the easiest way in the end, not sure if it harms them though doing that, hope not, I've only done it once so far as they were new boots.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Deleted duplication.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 4-04-10 16:07; edited 1 time in total
latest report
By the way I haven't got cork footbeds in mine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy