Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helbronner and the Toula Glacier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After a couple of good days in Verbier we headed over to Chamonix for a change of scenery. Horizon and Irbis' last day so hoping for some more pow....

Unfortunately the clouds were hanging to Mt Blanc so viz not great. The Helbronner lift was still closed when we got there and they were talking about 50cm of windblown at the top. Harnesses on, Kuro's waxed we eventually got on the 2nd cabin up...

The couloir under the lift was loaded with fresh with none of the guides touching it so we headed round to the stairway....

Kev heading into the unknown...

A bit of light through the clouds and Horizon making smoke

Beautiful deep powpow

He's pretty handy on those Kneissel Tankers!

Snow got heavier as we descended towards La Pavilion but still super deep. Irbis on the Missions...

Kev flying on the surface....

Horizon with the helmet cam. He proceeded to turn it round...

And said catch me if you can....
>

Clouds came right in at 3pm so Vallee noir too dangerous. Followed our noses back to the antipasti in Courmayeur...

Helbronner must be one of the best lifts in Europe. There can't have been more than 50 people on the mountain all day and we just lapped the 1400m vertical descent making fresh tracks all day. Noice!

Good to ski with Horizon and Irbis. Nice guys sharing our passion for powder! Until the next time.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You didn't get down the Vallee Noir then? All looks in a lot better nick than when we did it 10 days ago Evil or Very Mad , in fact not sure why you had to use the stairs if there was a bit of snow on the ground wink .

Not the bar with the free antipasti and the sofas by any chance was it Very Happy ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
midgetbiker, may go back on Thursday or Friday if good via forecast. Pm me with your contact details if you want to join.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bobinch wrote:
He's pretty handy on those Kneissel Tankers!

Nice angles Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Excellent weekend - and many thanks to bobinch and the Verbier sH crew for making us feel welcome and showing us around.

Here are some additional pics from the Toula glacier:

bobinch and his brother Kevin:

bobinch goes for the "serrac background" photo opportunity:

me too:

Kevin finds himself some pow:

I hope to start stitching together some video this evening, there are good bits in there!
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Looks like another cracker. horizon, you hit the double rollover of snow for a weekend trip!

That last pic he could almost be on a mono. Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
those boards are ridiculous!! makes my snowboard look skinny!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, he said he's always lucky on weekend trips. I hope he comes back next weekend snowHead

Nice report, for some reason I only got your message yesterday lunchtime. Was probably for the best as I was pretty ill in the afternoon Mad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, He's on 2 monos.
Swirly, how you doin today?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RPF, feeling a lot better, think it was dehydration: hadn't really drank anything other than beer since Sunday morning Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Swirly, I feel your pain Embarassed
After involking the no friends on a powder day rule all weekend I was to spend yesterday afternoon skiing with Treacy but met Rich on my way back so we spent afternoon practicing dropping (read as falling) off stuff with various levels of success.
I'm on good behaviour for a few days. Weather looks like snow later today prob some more tomoro.
I reckon we should aim for an early start with bobinch and Kev tomoro.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice!

Helbronner has such a lovely consistent gradient on the top half. If it wasn't south facing it would be the perfect skier's mountain, I reckon.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy