Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs - What happened to Chalet du Solliet?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We went to Solliet last year for a nice lunch (pricey, I know, but it was a birthday), and really enjoyed it. Nice food, atmosphere and an awesome set-piece fondue.

Went back last week, though, and it's completely changed. Gone is the thick leather-bound menu, replaced with paper place-mat menus, and all of the dishes we remembered. The food was ok, but nowhere near what it had been and not particularly good value. So does anyone know what happened - has it changed hands, or is the chef just taking a holiday (feels like the former, unfortunately)?

And to add insult to injury, we also found out that La Bricole in La Thuile has closed down...

(...honestly, I like skiing as well eating Embarassed )
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ChrisWo, that might explain why I couldn't find anywhere called La Bricole in La Thuile on my recent trip, after having read a rave review.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
queen bodecia, yep, apparently it closed at the end of last season due to the landlord wanting to turn the building into a block of flats. Boooo!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
New owners....well, I say new, they've been there a while now
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ChrisWo, is this the Solliet above Villaroger?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CP, Yep, somewhere under the Plan des Viollettes (sp?) lift above Villaroger
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ChrisWo, 4 years ago it nearly got wiped out!!

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CP, crikey...hadn't seen that before - it's a big one! I might be more careful next time I'm cruising through those trees Skullie
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ChrisWo, The proprietor of Le Solliet is now at the Arpette restaurant where a very good sit down meal can now be had. I agree about Le Solliet now being rather poor Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mountain Haddock wrote:
ChrisWo, The proprietor of Le Solliet is now at the Arpette restaurant where a very good sit down meal can now be had. I agree about Le Solliet now being rather poor Crying or Very sad

Last season it won the prize for most expensive coffee on the hill - euro 4.90
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Useful to know where the old owner's gone...will have to give Arpette a go next time I'm in town.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy