Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How painful is skiing with a verruca on your foot?

Poster: A snowHead
Not the nicest thing to read, especially over lunch, but I'm popping over to the Alps for a couple of weeks on Saturday and was wondering what advice anyone can impart on this painful topic? Any top tips? Do let us know.......
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I suggest you get to Boots now and buy "Wartner". It's a can of freezing gas that kills veruccas. I can personally recommend it. It costs about a tenner and the verucca will be gone within a few days.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds like a WMD to me, it's appears to be that potent! Will contact Hans Blix and send a team out to seek this 'Wartner'! Thanks a bundle, Peter.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevin mcclean, Nothing will guarantee getting rid of your verucca - I picked up a nasty dose of them a few years ago from showers after playing hockey. Tried all the proprietary remedies without success. Even had cryo surgery from my GP and that did not work, ended up being referred to a consultant dermatologist. On his advice I bought some Salactol and 'sleek' tape from the Chemist and a very sharp scalpel.

He told me to cut out as much as I could bear and apply the Salactol then cover it with the Sleek tape. I had to go through this routine every day for some time and eventually the veruccas disappeared.

Good luck!!

CP
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Use to get these a lot when I was a kid. Just stick zinc oxide plaster over it and leave it on for 5 days - always worked for me. But pain wise they were never more than a minor inconvenience anyway.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a small colony on my heel which is still expanding and I have no hope of getting rid of it as I swim regularly. But it was fine skiing as my boot was well padded.

Peter B, where can you get that stuff from?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hayley t, Whenever I've needed it, I've bought it from Boots. I'll try and get some more info.

There we are. Here's alink to the stuff I mean.

http://www.wartner.co.uk/

As I said, I've always got it from the local Boots the Chemist and it's about a tenner. It has always worked really well for me.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peter B, many thanks. Will try it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Just stick zinc oxide plaster over it and leave it on for 5 days

Apparently duct/duck tape has much the same effect. There's a paper out there somewhere assessing the clinical effectiveness of treating warts in this way...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
starnberg wrote:
Quote:

Apparently duct/duck tape has much the same effect. There's a paper out there somewhere assessing the clinical effectiveness of treating warts in this way...

Probably softens the dead skin enough for the bodies immune system to recognise the virus is there and attack it.

Same as digging them out with a scalpel or putting acid on them ( or both ).

Lovely subject but a fact of life for us sporty types unfortunately.

CP
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
starnberg wrote:
Quote:

Definitely recomend the duct tape / Sleek route. Tried everything on a stubborn verruca last year.... Salactol, Bazuka, Corn caps, Salicylic acid, Wartner, corn knife, emery board.... to no avail. Put Sleek on for a few weeks and the verruca came away cleanly. Apparently consultant dermotologists now recommend this method. Just make sure you have an 'airtight' seal of tape over the verruca.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hywel, is duct tape the insulation type stuff?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hayley t, yes - the shiny stuff usually about 50mm wide that sticks like @@@@ to a blanket. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hayley t wrote:
Hywel, is duct tape the insulation type stuff?

It's also called 'Gaffer" tape favoured by roadies for taping mic leads, instument leads and good for gagging people Toofy Grin It's usually shiny silver or shiny black and is about 5cm wide. Insulating tape is narrower and possibly not quite as sticky.......
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kuwait_ian,

sorry Sad I more or less repeated what you'd posted.......... except for the gagging people bit..... Toofy Grin
snow report
Hywel, no probs. 'Insulting' tape sometimes doesn't even stick to itself very well and I don't think it'll do for wart removal. No home should be without Gaffer tape aka duct tape. And it's not called duck tape - that's an American abberation I think. Cool
snow report
kuwait_ian, Duck tape is a brand of duct tape. They named it, harkening back to the original name for this adhesive tape (which was green), developed by Johnson & Johnson during World War II to waterproof ammunition cases. It is now usually called “duct tape,” for its common use in connecting ventilation and other ducts (which match its current silver color).

I use Duck duct tape at home, but there are many other brands. Its amazing how often conversations on duct tape occur on this forum.
snow conditions
Ray Zorro, I bow to superior knowledge. Thanks for that bit of history. Good stuff whatever you call it. wink
ski holidays
Ok in which case I have a huge roll of the silver stuff somewhere at home.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy