Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Outing the thickies

Poster: A snowHead
Culled from Overheard in the Gondola:

Post 1 (me):

Gondola at KH, February 2003.

2 guys one girl and me + my OH at the time. I was knackered and practically sleeping but couldn't help tuning in to this exchange.

Guy1: So what do you want to ski next thingy. (can't remember the name)

Guy2: Oh, I fancy something a bit harder. (apart from the cat track, there really aren't that many easy runs at KH if you've got the gondola)

Guy1 (sounding interested): Oh, like a mogul run ? (there are a lot of moguls at KH from about half way down and at the time they were icy and horrible)

Guy2: Nah, I don't really wanna do moguls.

Guy1 (a bit perplexed): So you want to do some off-piste ? (obviously knew his mate)

Guy2: No, not really.

Guy1 (quizicly): So what do you want to do ?

Guy2: not sure really.

I've paraphrased a bit but the jist is there. I've remembered that for a long time. Well just over seven years. duh

Post 2 (halfhand):

And "KH" is ? (silly emoticon thingy)

Post 3 (Hurtle):

halfhand, Kicking Horse, I think.

(Brilliant) Post 5 (Pam W):

1st guy in gondola: "I got talking to this real thicko last night. You'd never believe, he didn't even know where KH is?"

2nd guy in gondola " can't imagine why you keep trying to engage these peasants in conversation, Rupert"

So let's out the thickies. If you can't get 50% hang your head in shame:

ADH
LDA
JH
VD
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A Dung Hole
Looks Decidedly Average
Just Horrid
Very Disappointing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nickski, Don't know what VD is (know the others). If it stands for Val d'Isere, not sure it's me that's the thicky...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shouldn't you be hanging your head in shame if you do get VD? Sorry, a little judgmental of me... Embarassed
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I got the first 3 but I'm not sure what a sexually transmitted disease has to do with skiing ... Razz

Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nickski, And your knob is how big rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When I was at uni I wrote to my then BF (now the DB) that I'd just been to the VD centre. At the end of the letter (yes I'm old enough for it to have been pre email/text days NehNeh ) I added a PS that in case he didn't know, we students ate at the Vauxhall Dining centre. Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anyone who things VD is an acceptable acronym for Val D'Isere (whatever are we to call the Val di Fassa, Valle d'Aosta, Val d'Irene, Val di Fiemme, Val di Sole? ) is definitely in the running for the THHY (Thicky Hooray Henry of the Year) award. Any more nominations?

My post quoted above was, needless to say, ironic (what stupid emoticon would best go after that? rolling eyes)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ADH - Alp des Huez (I think?)
LDA - Les Deux Alpes
JH - Jackson Hole
VD - Val D'Isere

I think is what you are asking, but I admit to being baffled by the OP and why it has been posted - I am happy to wave a flag if this means I am thick - could someone please explain what I have clearly missed.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think 666 was correct all along Cool
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've never actually heard Val D'Isere called VD before, although I'm sure there are plenty of seasonaires for whom that acronym might have been prophetic Wink Laughing

There is of course another VD in north America - not sure if that's the one the OP means but there are certainly less seasonaires catching dodgy ailments there for sure Wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TBH all the TLAs really confuse my OH and my FIL, they just go WTF. Can be confusing IMV. HTH
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I've never actually heard Val D'Isere called VD before, although I'm sure there are plenty of seasonaires for whom that acronym might have been prophetic

Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, see http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63240#1499648
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So, if you replied to this thread, which category would you place yourself in:

1. I read it as a 'straight' thread and fell for it hook, line and sinker.
2. I thought you were taking the p*ss but not sure why
3. I thought you were taking the p*ss and the key bit was "(brilliant)"
4. I thought you were taking the p*ss and the key bit was "(brilliant)" and then I read the thread title again
5. My name is boredsurfin and I know your real alternative id

Who said just Americans don't get irony . . .
ski holidays
Nickski, Oh, right, it was meant to be funny. Missed that.
latest report
Nickski, Number 2 fair and square. pam w, Still none the wiser - Woooosh...........there it went...........straight over my head.
latest report
Hurtle, nooooooo, it wasn't meant to be funny, was a clever p*ss take in response to pam w,'s 'I was being ironic' statement. Evidently too ironic apart from Boredsurfing, who didn't get drawn in . . . and now you should no longer be unsure.
snow conditions
Nickski, now I'm utterly, utterly lost. Your "outing thickies" thread started before my "being ironic" post. And whoever heard of a pisstake which wasn't supposed to be funny?

Was it supposed to be sarcasm, then, rather than irony?
snow report
My brain hurts. I'm not sure an analysis of Nickski's soh is worth the pain.
Erm.....okbye.
latest report
VD is Phonetic - if you say Vd'I it's the same
wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy