Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Escape Castleford Recreational ski

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm looking to meet ski buddies to practice skiing at Escape Castleford and a few drinks in the bar Smile

I am a 36yr old early intermediate skiier and just love to ski...

Curly
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Curly,

Don't know if you're still around but I'm looking for a ski buddy to hit the slopes at Castleford before the winter holiday. If you're game, just give me a shout.

Cheers,

Johnny
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Illl be there a few times this week since i have the week off, planning on a few sessions at xscape between now and january.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great, if you're planning any evening or weekend visits let me know.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MrMigletski and myself often travel to Castleford as Hemel to to far for us (from Newcastle) - if planning a meet up we would be up for it Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cool. we've found that sunday evening is the best time to go on the weekends, its quieter, there's no kids, the slope has been groomed and all the freestyle kit has mostly been taken down. We were there on sunday just gone and it was perfect, it was also about £32 for 4 hours (7-11pm). Not so handy if you've got a bit of a travel to get back though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Curlycrystal, migletski, All about amature, Russeh, let me know when your going down I'll try and turn up too.

migletski, we could save money on the petrol if you want to share from newcastle which is the big hit having to travel so far grrr Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
genuine question, what is the point of XScape (and other places), I've been away with quite a few people who said they'd had hours of lessons at snow domes, not one of them could actually Ski and were much better off after half a day on the slopes, at £34 for 4 hours it's not even cheap?

I "learnt" at Sheffield, and all I learnt was that when I fell over I broke my thumb.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm planning to head there either tomorrow or Wednesday evening and again next week any evening but Thursday. Also Sunday 9th would be good, I like the sound of a longer session!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Standee wrote:
genuine question, what is the point of XScape (and other places), I've been away with quite a few people who said they'd had hours of lessons at snow domes, not one of them could actually Ski and were much better off after half a day on the slopes, at £34 for 4 hours it's not even cheap?

I "learnt" at Sheffield, and all I learnt was that when I fell over I broke my thumb.

I can only speak for myself and the gf but its a close as you're going to get to being out in the mountains. We had several lessons before making our first trip last feb and it made huge difference to our trip, we still had lessons out there but it meant we were past that bamby stage lol. We had a couple of lessons on dry slopes in scotland and i wouldnt even bother with that again. Currently just doing a few sessions to keep my legs in before the next trip, its much cheaper in the summer by about half.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi everyone, well I'd love to join on the 9th of November but I am without a car at the moment. If that changes I will definately join in Smile
btw I learnt to ski at Escape and found it to be a good place to learn to ski and get the basics as well as brushing up your ski skills just before going on your hols....
Keep me posted on any arrangements. Thanks.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I could do Friday next week but not sure if this is moguls night or freestyle night or Sunday 9th December would also be good - could not stay until 11pm.
Curtains, if you want to share petrol let me know
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i would need to check which week i'm on call but sunday the 9th sounds good to me too.

migletski, both Thursday and Friday evenings are freestyle nights, half the piste is cornered off for it
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cool, looks like Sunday 9th could be a goer. Don't think I'm ready to hit the moguls yet!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm heading to Xscape for a 2 hour session 8-10 this evening if anyone fancies it? Driving from Leeds and happy to take passengers.
ski holidays
Might go up on Saturday for another go with EB big ski demo skis if I don't get to try all the ones I want tonight at Tamworth.
snow conditions
Think I'll go on Sat for the big ski, XScape regulars what is the temperature like in there? Tamworth runs at about 0 and all I need there is a tshirt and fleece, is Castleford jacket cold or like that?
latest report
davkt, its -5 i believe, i'm usually the first to get too warm but i usually ware my ski jacket in there (with the vents open).

sorry All about amature, i've only just seen your post, i would have been up for that. Although i hear it was set to be very busy this evening?
ski holidays
I'll be there on Sunday with my lad and a mate of his if anyones about
latest report
Russeh, Thanks, will dig my Aldi softshell jacket out then.
snow report
been to xscape today i was on the "level 6" ski lesson, i'm a bit beyound that lesson now but was still worth doing. Really annoys me though they have all the freestyle kit out already and that was this morning, its so much better when theres more space.
latest report
Had a good session today, Is it always quiet Sat daytime? Was skiing from 11:30 till just after 2 several times had the slope almost to myself (others at the top, only ones on it at the bottom slowing for the lifts as I set off) and the only real hold ups on the lifts were when a bunch of newbie snowboarders had their first go at a button lift. Good fun trying a load more skis with a bit more space to push them thanks to low numbers on the slope and a nice bowl of soup and hot choc upstairs as a freebie from the test.
snow report
davkt, that is unusual perhaps everyone is too busy doing there christmas shopping Laughing

just out of interest do you mean you can try out some demo skis? i was thinking about buying my own would be cool if i can try before i buy so to speak.
ski holidays
It was a big demo day today with all the skis in the area between the changing rooms and slope entrance, happens once a year round all the fridges with an Ellis Brigham. But you can demo skis anytime from EB and they will knock off the price of your slope time if you buy, also if it is anything like Tamworth the store at Cas may well do demo nights once a month or so during the winter when it is easier to try a load of skis (though looking now it looks like only snowboard demos coming up though).
snow report
oh i see cool, i think i might enquire at EB next time i'm over that way. Dam on hindsight i should have gone today and taken a peek. To be honest though i'm still weighing up the pros and cons of buying vs renting what with the extra hassel of getting them to and from the resort.
ski holidays
are we still on for sunday?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy