Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Rousses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Drove home to the uk via Les Rousses a few weeks ago. Didnt realise this area was a ski resort. Had a look on the net and although limited it looks like it may be a good family resort. Anyone been there? Information please.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Defender, Les Rousses and the other Jura ski areas have sometimes suffered from a severe lack of snow in recent years. Not somewhere to book a holiday in advance, I suspect. I've not skied there - just stopped for the odd coffee. With good snow, I guess it'd be a pleasant enough base.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Took my kids for their first ski holiday to the Jura a couple of years back and spent most of that time in Les rousses. Pleasant, friendly and inexpensive option for a family holiday, but a bit risky to book in advance as snow could be dreadful. Half term accommodation cheap though, and certainly worth a visit.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Defender, not been there for a few years, but nice little town & alpine ski area, though it is one of the bigger Nordic ski resorts in France, so plenty of wrinklies in Lycra as opposed to youth in the latest burton!
The main slopes are a few Kms outside the town at Porte des jouvencelles & they link in with a small Swiss ski area on the back of Dole mountain. If experienced skiers, then probably a couple of days would be enough. It might have improved but I recall it was predominently button lifts (including one brutal 'black' one -lift not piste ) and that the chairs were pretty slow and basic. Also recall it was popular with local schools so got pretty busy at times.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy