Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BOA in self back patting exercise Or Team GB Heralded as “World Class”

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
BOA NEWS ALERTS

Team GB Heralded as “World Class”

Quote:

Britain’s winter Olympians have returned from the Vancouver Games to present a ringing endorsement of the people behind Team GB.

Three-quarters of the team responded to an online questionnaire organised by the British Olympic Association (BOA), answering questions about every aspect of their Olympic experience.

They were asked about everything from the preparation camps at Calgary and Lake Placid to the quality of clothing, from the transport system in Canada to how pleased they were with their own performances.

The results have been collated and offer an encouraging insight into how the Best of British received the best of attention.

Among the results:

• 91% of respondents felt the BOA had done everything it could to support them
• 98% were either satisfied or very satisfied with the effectiveness of the BOA’s headquarters team in the Olympic Village
• 100% of respondents were either satisfied or very satisfied with the BOA staff at the Preparation Camp in Calgary
• 98% of respondents would be supportive of BOA planning a similar preparation camp leading into the Sochi 2014 Games
• 92% were either satisfied or very satisfied with the quality of the BOA Medical Service
• 88% of respondents were satisfied or very satisfied with the way Team GB had supported them after their event – in either victory or defeat

Andrew Hunt, Chief Executive and Chef de Mission, commented:

“The feedback we received from athletes was hugely encouraging. Everyone at the BOA worked extremely hard to ensure that our winter athletes got as much support from the BOA as possible. Our ambition was to ensure that everyone got the perfect opportunity to deliver a personal best, and it’s great to see that all the effort was appreciated by athletes, coaches and support staff.

“Our aim is always to put the athlete at the centre of everything we do. But we have no intention of taking this as a signal to sit back and rest on our laurels. Our mantra at the BOA is that Better Never Stops and we will look at each of these areas critically and apply what we have learnt at both the London Games in 2012 and the Olympic Winter Games at Sochi in 2014. Where we haven’t scored 100%, we’ll ask why.”

Amy Williams, gold medallist in skeleton, said:

“The support I received from the BOA was a massive help to me in my competition. The Olympic Winter Games are the pinnacle of my sport, where the pressure is at its greatest, and it was fantastic to have Team GB so firmly behind me.”

Stuart Horsepool, Performance Director, short track:

“The way the BOA approached these Games felt like a step up from what’s gone before. They created an environment that was inspirational to everyone in our team. There was a huge effort to make the athletes feel as if they were part of Team GB and to give them pride in representing their country. It was obvious that a huge amount of thought was put into the Games.

“These athletes were away from home for a long time, and everything was done to support them. It was supportive and friendly, but also focused on performance. I was very impressed.”

Notes to editors:

The British Olympic Association (BOA) is the National Olympic Committee for Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Its mission is to transform British lives through the power of the Olympic values and the success of Team GB.

The BOA’s role is to prepare the ‘Best of British’ athletes for, and lead them at, the summer, winter and youth Olympic Games. The BOA delivers extensive support services to Britain’s Olympic athletes and their National Governing Bodies to enhance Olympic success and is responsible for championing the Olympic values and brand in the UK. For further information, go to: www.olympics.org.uk

Team GB would like to thank the 26 official sponsors of Team GB and London 2012 including seven domestic Tier One Partners - adidas, BMW, BP, British Airways, BT, EDF and Lloyds TSB. There are six domestic Tier Two Supporters – Adecco, Cadbury, Cisco, Deloitte, Thomas Cook and UPS. There are thirteen domestic Tier Three Suppliers and Providers – Airwave, Atkins, Boston Consulting Group, Crystal CG, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, GSK, Holiday Inn, John Lewis, McCann Worldgroup, The Nielsen Company, Populous, Ticketmaster and Trident. The Worldwide Olympic Partners signed up for London 2012 are Coca-Cola, Acer, Atos Origin, GE, McDonald’s, Omega, Panasonic, Samsung and Visa.

Personal comment: HHMmmmm Shocked
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Congratulations for them and continue exercising for the players. Good luck for your next game and have a good health always. Just practice and have your daily exercises too for you to be more prepared and strong.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy