Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 and a half hours skiing on *real snow* in the UK for a tenner - bargain!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What with the all over snow cover at Cairngorm surviving more or less intact through a couple of weeks of thaw (just like parts of the Alps but less soggy I believe, lol) and a return to much colder and snowier weather on the cards Cairngorm Mountain are planning events for Easter including evening skiing for a tenner (in Pounds Sterling) ... that's what ... almost 10 Euros for those who are used to dealing with the current painful exchange rate!
Quote:
Thursday 8th April "Late Night Ski" at CairnGorm Mountain
To celebrate the Easter break we plan to have late night skiing available on Thursday 8th April. If the weather is bad we will postpone the late skiing night until Friday 9th April. Snow permitting we will operate the lower slope lifts and some of the upper lifts on the Coire Cas side of the mountain. The Cas Bar will remain open until 8pm. Your day ski ticket, afternoon ski ticket and season ticket is valid for the late ski night. If you wish to ski just for the evening there will be a ticket available from 4pm which will permit you to ski until 7.30pm (price £10).

Spectators are welcome to watch from car park level where the Cas Bar will remain open until 8pm serving, hot drinks, home baking and light snacks. There will also be an opportunity to take part in Skidoo and Piste Machine rides (£5 donation – for race timing and display boards).

Can't beat that if you ask me!

Other events will be happening too, check out the Cairngorm website, and skiing is planned into May and beyond - see the Snowheads "Cairngorm, May Bank Holiday" trip thread.

With much of the Alps closing late April Scotland's where it's gonna be at so grab a piece of the late season fun and action!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am just glad we don't have this amount of cover in Tignes wink

http://www.cairngormmountain.com/webcam/basestationCamLarge.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bottom of the mountain Stewart, more snows a coming and the base is where it needs to be .... still deep on the lower runs and wide cover further up Very Happy

Tignes may not be "much of the Alps" but my French friend from another large ski area tells me it's slush where he is ... he's flying from Geneva to Scotland next week to have some fun on the Scottish mountains and enjoy the fresh that we'll have Toofy Grin

Appreciate the lifts will be running and you'll be sliding into Tignes in May and possibly June Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's now looking very good for snow over Easter - just hope there's not too much lol:
Quote:
Planning Outlook for all mountain areas from Tuesday, 30th March, 2010

Cold throughout the coming week and the Easter Weekend. By Wednesday (31st) there will have been a considerable dump of snow from the eastern and southern Highlands of Scotland south to Cumbria, with the whole of the Southern Uplands bearing the brunt - up to 3 ft of 'level' snow will lie in enormous drifts. Beyond, further snow will fall almost daily, mainly on northern and western mountains, as clusters of heavy showers come in, although at low levels there will be gradual thawing.

Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I am just glad we don't have this amount of cover in Tignes

I'm not sure if Stewart Woodward has ever been to Cairngorm...

We were there yesterday and the funicular track is currently at ground level at the top of the mountain - it's usually about 15 to 20 feet above the snow.

We cannot recall seeing as much snow with such wide cover (at this time of the year) in years at Cairngorm - every run is complete. Yes, there is heather between the runs (and that's what you see on the webcams) but the extent of the snow cover from top to bottom is incredible.

And the place was deserted - no lift queues other than the odd couple of minutes here and there.

The East Lady was the pick of the bunch - as good as we've ever seen it and off piste at its best.

Easter could be excellent - subject to the weather gods keeping calm.... They played up a bit today however. Torrential rain (at carpark level), gale force winds and low cloud caused us to give it a miss. Well done to all those brave souls that ventured out though! Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bergmeister, not sure whether Stuart has been to Cairngorm either (IIRC he hasn't) but he'd be welcome to come and sample the delights of Scotland sometime Smile

And here's an example of those current delights, a piccy of a skier on the East Wall of the Ciste from today:

http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/file.php?2,file=6386

snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

a piccy of a skier on the East Wall of the Ciste from today:

Looks amazing - especially after yesterday's atrocious conditions overhead! Sad

But (even though I wasn't there) I am delighted they have had fresh snow - to make for an even longer season! Very Happy

Can't wait to go back up north before the season ends. All being well we hope to manage at least another couple of trips.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy