Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Corvara Lift Information needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m thinking of skiing in Corvara next winter. I quite like the idea of staying at the Arlara hotel as it is very close to the Arlara chairlift. Has anyone used this chairlift in previous trips? The reason I ask is that I want to know if you can use the same chairlift to return back down from the mountain? I wanted my wife (who will not be skiing) to be able to join me up on the mountain in one of the mountain huts for lunch.

But I have heard that in some resorts, you can go up certain chairlifts but cannot come back down them. Obviously this is not what I or she wants as she will not want to be walking back down. I know that she could use the Col Alto gondola to get to the mountain. But from the piste map, the gondola ends at one end of the mountain whereas most of the mountain huts (Arlara, Brancia and Tabla) are in the centre of the skiing area which looks too far to walk from the Col Alto gondola station.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jimmybog, I just came back from Corvara, which was great, unfortunately I can't place the Arlara chairlift at all, probably because we mostly skied the Boe side. The only chairs I saw that downloaded were those that connected ski areas where there was no access by skis, e.g. Colfosco to Corvara.

If you'll take a recommendation then the Chalet Verena (Colletts) is highly recommended and is nicely placed between the Col Alt and the Boe gondolas

You coudl PM Luigi who has an infinite knowledge of the Dolomites.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello there - we stayed in the Arlara about 5 years ago. The chairlift is very close to the hotel but I can't remember it being one where you can come back down on it I'm afraid. The hotel itself is great in terms of rooms, food, swimming pool and piste right outside, etc. but it had one major drawback as far as we were concerned - it was a long hard uphill slog back to the hotel from the town if you wanted to go in for some early evening shopping or a drink. You can take a taxi back of course, but in the late afternoon/early evening they all seemed to be in use because of skiers not finishing off the Sella Ronda circuit in the right place and needing taxis to get them home.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy