Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Faction 3Zero

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody got any experience of this ski and would be prepared to share some thoughts about it?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hit up parlor for the full skinny but I've skied on the old 13s as a rock ski, which I believe became the 3-zero and have to say they are totally bomber.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yep - they seem to survive in the hands of parlor so no questions about durability. faction look like really sweet skis
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tinyman, fatbob has an old pair of my 13s which are now the 191cm 3.Zero.

I've owned and loved two pairs of the above. I also have a pair of new 13s which are a very different ski.

I've skied this years 191cm & last years 183cm, for reference:

The 3.Zeros are probably the most versatile ski I have ever been on, clearly it's not designed for hard pack or piste but they are such outrageous fun on piste it's hard not to ski them everyday. The sidecut is absolutely spot on, they're happy to carve and love to straightline and they just feel solid on steeps. The amount of float is awesome, 6" feels like 3', but you still sink enough in to the snow. Honestly they feel like cheat skis, they react to whatever is given to them.

The 191 is quite a lot of ski, it wants to be bent quite hard. The 183 on the other hand is pretty forgiving in that respect.

What do you want to know? I love them and will always keep a pair in my quiver, I've had them as my tele sticks and this year fitted with Dynafits.

Rungsp has a pair too, which his son skidog has stolen.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
He has too...the booger.

Bomber quality.
Good (suprisingly good) on piste.
Top stuff in the deep, though a little fussy on where they are mounted (maybe it is just me though). I have rental bindings on mine so can move the binding position forwards/backwards until they are spot on for me.
Skidog is a better skier and consequently less fussy...he just takes them out as they are and loves them.....I wonder if I will ever get to ski them again in fact?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
parlor wrote:
The 191 is quite a lot of ski, it wants to be bent quite hard. The 183 on the other hand is pretty forgiving in that respect.

What do you want to know? I love them and will always keep a pair in my quiver, I've had them as my tele sticks and this year fitted with Dynafits.

I heard from the guys at Faction this afternoon and they're making shorter 3Zero for release next winter. It's going to be around the 165/167 length which would make it perfect for a bloke my size. I'm really looking forward to trying this ski so I'm keeping my cash in the bank until next season when it appears. I just wanted to be sure that 'those in the know' agree with what I've heard about them.

I know that they will be a bit softer than the full length 3Zero's but I still think that they will be what I'm riding on adventure days next winter Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just how small are you Tinyman?

The 175cm is a full twin and very very manageable.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor wrote:
Just how small are you Tinyman?

The 175cm is a full twin and very very manageable.

I'm 157cm or 5'2" in old money. Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy