Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra / Vallnord Area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm travelling for Easter - first week of April. Really excited, only my second skiing trip. I'm staying in La Massana, which is in the Arisinal / Pal area of Vallnord.

How is the snow this season? Am I in for a treat?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow was fantastic at half-term and there was tonnes of it (about 1.5m at the bottom of the Arcalis sector.... no idea what it was at the top by the time we left!) - we are at a similar level to you as was 2nd or 3rd ski trip for our family and we had loads of fun skiing together as a family. We skied at the smaller Arcalis sector as our friends live just down the road from there - I can recommend Betty and Miguel as fab instructors there if you are looking for lessons and fancy driving up/bussing up the hill.

Not sure how sorted you are for passes/skis etc Get yourself signed up for a Vallnord card - it saves you 10% on tonnes of stuff including lift passes.... the 10% certainy adds up when you use it for your ski rental and drinks etc! (and is free so no reason not to.... think there are details on Vallnord website... I got mine last year so not tried the online route) We have used Esports Rossell in La Massana for skis both times when there and had great service
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great to hear it! I've already booked my ski passes / equipment hire / lessons via 1ActiveHolidays. Found their service fantastic and their prices amazing... 220 euro for 15 hours of group lessons, 6 day ski lift pass and 6 day equipment hire... Cannot say fairer than that - individually (and online) that would be 300+ euro, and probably 400+ euro if i waited until I got to the resort!

Cannot WAIT to get out there...!

I have a quick question for you - i've heard a few of the gondolas are EXTREMELY steep... See below picture:

http://images.travelpod.com/users/cat2222/chertsey.1202031000.arinsal-from-the-gondola.jpg

I'm confused as to which Goldola this is! I would love to go on it .. did you go on anything like that? I wonder if it's the goldola from La Massana up to Pal?

Any ideas?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That looks like the Gondola from Arinsal Village to the ski area of Arinsal, It is steepish but v safe , if this gets busy and there is a big Q, there is an old chair lift near the princessa Park apartments, the free ski bus takes you to either .

Do try and ski Pal, v scenic
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As i'm based in La Massana, I will have to go through PAL to get to Arinsal area! What i'll do is ski down into Arisinal all the way from Pal one day, have lunch and then ski back Very Happy Thanks for the info, cannot wait! Any idea if the La Massana ski lift is as scenic?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
looks like you are staying in the right area, both Arinsal and Pal are nice to ski in but Pal a little nicer.

Didnt eat in pal, but we found the Arinsal on piste eatieres not great. Some nice places near to the base of the Arinsal Gondala, doesnt take long to get down
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok, thanks for the info!! We are half board with our hotel, so will only actually be looking for a quick snack / sandwich or something at lunch time - something i'm sure we can get on the slopes relatively easily Happy

CAN'T WAIT! Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
One thing we found useful if your hotel is a bit away from slopes, rent a ski/boot locker for the week (from your ski hire company) (may even be free)....means you dont have to lug the skis and boots around in morning and evening
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah, thats a great tip for someone who isn't staying at Hotel Magic Ski (attached to the La Massana Gondola) Very Happy Still, the first time I went skiing it was LEs Gets, and the ski hire shop let you use their secure room for free.. that seemed pretty fair! Is that a common practise in Andorra?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Confirn the gondola is the one up from Arinsal. Yes, steep, but nothing to worry about - stayed in the hotel opposit last year. Top tip would be to get up and off promptly as Andorra seems to take its party-destination status very seriously, so often we had the slopes to ourselves until the hung-over emerged at 11ish. The cable-car over to Pal is big fun too.
Strongly suggest you use the free bus over to Arcalis as we found that to be where some of the best runs were to be found. Thought the food in Andorra was (very) poor compared with Italy or France.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great, thanks for the info. Food was a massive expense when we skiied in Les Gets, so the fact the hotel are half board is a comfort even if it's not brilliant..! Not going for the phood though Very Happy

anyone been in the past few weeks? Hows the snow?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Any news from anyone been recently? I'm off on Sunday - i'll certainly report back when I get back!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have emailed my friends - will post their reply if they get back to me!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Reply posted below! They live halfway between La Massana and Arcalis resort so info is right up to date! Hope you have a fab time and get chance to get the bus up the hill to Arcalis - is the kind of place that makes you smile.... do take the chair 'over the back' to La Coma if you do go....fantastic views and the La Coma Blue run is what our instructor called a 'Beautiful Blue' and fab for your confidence!

This Saturday and Sunday has new snow forecast in the afternoons, but may not be a lot, it will freshen things up though. Have a look at the website www.skiandorra.ad go into English (makes it easier!!!) and into Vallnord, where it will give you daily updates after 9am each day. This shows the depth of snow (there has been a max of 220cm up top, the most for many years) and the state of it. The snow at Arcalis is the best in all Andorra this year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy