Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best in-resort brewed beer "Get your lips around a minger"

Poster: A snowHead
Being based in Schladming, Austria has the great advantage of the local brew, Schladminger. A rather light and delicious austrian beer. Available in and around Schaldming for around 3- 3.50€ for half a litre or in supermarkets for under 1€ per half litre bottle. As i drive here for the winter I normally managed to take home a few crates of 20 bottles to keep me going through the off season. The same brewery also does Schneewiesse, a equally nice wiess beer. I like to think that the good powder I get to ski eventually dies (melts) and gets reincarnated as nice cold schladminger beer, it makes the spring thaw easier to handle.

Any other resorts with a good local brew?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 21-03-10 22:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cairngormbrewery.com

Sheep Shaggers Gold, the best beer baa none

Proper Job Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
waynos, Zell am Ziller with the Zillertal brewery Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quite partial to Schnee Weisse, lovely ice cold sitting on the terrace of Harry's Laerchenpavillon. Dux de Lux in Queenstown has its own brewery, http://www.thedux.co.nz/. I bumped into a guy who had bought a share in the Sun Valley Brewing Company a few years ago http://www.sunvalleybrewery.com/Brewery.html. And MBC in Chamonix is great fun! http://www.mbchx.com/eng%20mbc%20home.htm Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I like the local ale in Nelson / Whitewater. Faceplant, a subtle dark number but @ 6.5% it does exactly what it says on the tin.

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There used to be a microbrewery on the outskirts of Chamonix. Can't remember the name coz each time I went in there I got very pished Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From a world champion skier in the Southern French alps in Vallouise close to Puy St Vincent and Serre Chevalier. http://www.brasserie-alphand.com/ Superb beer.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm sure this will raise some rather sceptical eyebrows from Europhile snowheads, but the Snake River Brewery in Jackson Hole is a genuinely exceptional microbrewery that has the added bonus of a decent (but certainly not haute cuisine) restaurant attached. It might be American, but it creates some of the best beer that I've ever tasted.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
halfhand, MBC

Thier current Biere du Mois is lovely (and seems to be a biere du saison)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonny Jones,
Quote:

but the Snake River Brewery in Jackson Hole is a genuinely exceptional microbrewery

One of the first micobreweries I tried, if not the first, I agree superb.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi, There is a new brewery in the Wildschönau, called Drachental which is brewed in Niederau. So named after the legend that the valley was inhabited by a dragon which is the valley's mascot. It is an unfiltered entirely natural beer and very good, too! Very small at the moment but the beer is sold at the bottom of the gondola umbrella bar, the Cave Bar, O'Malley's ADEG and privately. Give it a go! Carolyn
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Zillertal beer brewed in Zell am Ziller is a fine brew, and they do a pretty nice wiess beer too. I enjoyed a few of these when visiting Mayerhofen in the summer a couple of years ago. http://www.austrianbeer.co.uk/images/zillertalbeer.jpg
I apologise I missed Alistair Pinks post on the first reading Embarassed

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 23-03-10 3:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Utahs' finest

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
waynos, our crowd were VERY impressed with the "Minger".
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name, That's the one. Ta!
ski holidays
Tourmente de Mars (and various other beers), Brasserie des Grands Cols, Briancon. Rather spoilt with both this and Alphand. There's a good microbrewery in Whistler too.
snow report
Can't remember the name - isn't that always the problem? Smile - but a decade or so ago we got served something in Whistler that was passed off as the output of a local micro brewery. Didn't verify this claim, and wasn't overly impressed as it appeared to contain no alcohol. Then I stood up to deal with the impact of 4 pints of the stuff and discovered that it had anaesthatised my legs below the knee and I was - literally - legless. This sensation - or lack of it - soon spread throughout my entire body and I retired hurt for the night, victim of a nameless and tastless brew that I can't remember.

I'm sure there's a moral in here somewhere...Smile
snow conditions
Another vote for...

ski holidays
Whistler has the Whistler Brewing Company, which is available in various bars, but until this season was brewed in the BC Interior nowhere near Whistler!

Otherwise there is the Brewhouse, where the Red Truck Ale is the locals usual beer of choice, though Dave the brewmaster will usually have a strong, very hoppy beer on as a seasonal.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy