Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts with swimming pools

Poster: A snowHead
Can someone tell me which resorts in france have swimming pools.

I know Chamonix has a public pool.

We would like to go away next feb but would like to go to a resort which
also have a public pool.

Thansk
Gilly
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alpe D'Huez and Les Deux Alpes have public pools.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
James_mummy, welcome to snowheads snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megeve, Serre Chevalier (two pools).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tignes Very Happy Very Happy The Lagoon includes a swimming pool, fitness and wellness center. The pool area consists a traditional pool area plus a couple of fun pools & some slides for the small and big kids wink

Entrance is also free with your lift pass Very Happy

http://www.tignes.net/en/fitness-wellness-20.html
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think La clusaz does but please double check before booking
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Verbier.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Flaine Montsoleil has its own outdoor (heated!) pool free for residents
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Val Thorens has a nice one that is indoors! Some of others mentioned here are outdoor pools
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There ia a public pool open from late afternoon !630-1700 dependant on day until 1930 in Bourg Saint Maurice which is below the les arcs domaine
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Méribel has a very good public pool
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alpe D'Huez has an open air heated pool with free entry with a lift pass (at least it used to be free), and you can wave at your friends as they pass overhead on a chairlift!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
val d'Isere
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
welshskier, there's an indoor one as well.
snow report
In the Alta Badia area of the Dolomites, the school(?) pool in La Villa is open to visitors a couple of nights a week.

In Davos, there is a quite sophisticated complex: http://www.davos.ch/en/winter/activities/indoor/pool-centre.html
ski holidays
And do remember that you need to use trunks made out of Lycra or the like. Any form of shorts that are non-stretchy are not accepted in French swimming pools.

This does remind me of an incident at the pool in Val d'Isere many years ago. I hadn't sorted out my footbeds by then and needed to give my leg a rest. Free swimming was advertised so off we went in search of the pool. It turned out to be quite a small affair but, obviously, most folks were there for the skiing so it wasn't too busy. However, one particularly curvey French woman did attract my attention but I wasn't prepared for what happened next. By the side of the pool was a row of showers where we could wash off the chlorine. By chance (or design) we all four ended up in the showers at the same time. Then both our partners headed for the changing cubicles leaving me and this woman right next to each other. Suddenly she slipped the top off her shoulders, rolled the cossy down to her waist and proceeded to vigorously wash the previously covered parts!

Shocked
latest report
altis, How long did you work in the adult entertainment industry? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
For quite a while it seems - if only inadverently.

Before we took up skiing we used to spend many a summer holiday cycling around different bits of Eastern Europe - while it was still Communist. Bulgaria was very hot and I remember hauling the bike up quite a hill to a campsite somewhere. While Mrs A went shopping or something I crashed out in the sun outside the tent. After some time I sat up to see if anything had changed. Directly in front of me, not more than 20 yards away was stood an Amazon of a woman with just a skirt on looking up into the sun and shaking her long curls.

Later, we ended up at a campsite in Varna on the coast. The attendant had tried to send us on saying that the place was too primitive for Westerners but we were in no state to continue so we stayed - for two or three days in the end. The facilities certainly were primitive. The wash block was a 500 gallon tank perched on stilts and, next to it, a simple wall with three wash basins on either side. Since the Mediteranean and, for that matter, all of Western Europe was out-of -bounds, all the beautiful people in Eastern Europe headed for the Black Sea coast and the young ones, in particular, seemed to head for Varna. I was having a ball. One morning I went down to the basins to brush my teeth. Very soon a nice young lady in bikini bottoms and a track-suit top rolled up next to me and started to wash. Soon the track-suit was in the way so off it came revealing that she'd forgotten to bring her bikini top. I carried on brushing my teeth trying not to look as though I was looking. Then, suddenly, her thumbs went into the bikini bottoms, down they went and she started lathering rarely seen parts. By now the foam was pouring out of my mouth and I very nearly choked on my toothbrush. To my never ending shame I said not a word to her. I simply rinsed my mouth, smiled at her and walked away. She gave quite a performance.
snow report
the public pool in meribel was good but slightly too cold for my tastes. I bought some speedos before I wnet on the myth that speedos were the only acceptable male swimwear. This was not the case. People were wearing fairly discreet shorts and I felt I bit of a plank in my speedos.

Austria has some good pools. The Kaiserbad in Ellmau is great for kids. slides, outdoor bit, good wellness centre (albeit a naked one).
ski holidays
Chamrousse - there is a heated outdoor pool, hot tubs and sauna located at the Domaine de l'Arselle
snow conditions
Vaujany - good indoor pool, plus spa area. Pool has a long waterslide - when we were there the kids loved it, so my husband thought he would give it a try. Unfortunately he is of 'sturdy' build and he managed to get wedged stuck halfway down - next person down was a very attractive young French woman in a very small bikini who ended up wrapped around him (but did at least dislodge him) and they came down together! Me and the kids thought it was hilarious, but I don't think her boyfriend was so amused...

I seem to remember that you get free entrance to the swimming pool in Vaujany if you have the full area pass (which covers Alpe d'Huez). Vaujany also has an icerink which the children loved.
latest report
There's a lovely pool in Bad Kleinkirchheim but there isn't a huge lot else that's particularly good about the place....

James_mummy, you can often find accommodation with its own private pool, even in a resort without one. Les Saisies is one such - no public pool but several places including the following (very nice piste side apartments) have their own pool. http://www.cgh-residences.com/uk/location-les-saisies/index.html

if you want to go in February you'd need to book early and pay a fortune, of course!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy