Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs - How Late in the season is too late ???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok wise ones, help please !
I've a Les Arcs season ticket and have pretty much kicked the back bottom out of it this winter and hung up my skis for the season. However I've a window of possibility for the 2nd / 3rd week of April. Is that just too late for any chance of quality skiing in Les Arcs ??? I was there last week and it was getting warmer, slushier and the odd mud patch popping up .....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would have said that after the lifts shut for the summer was too late for most people although I've skied there in mid-June wink. The snow may actually be better later in the season than now
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thankyou for that and I know I could probably find this out quite easily, but do you know when the lifts close for the winter season ?

Cheers
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
25th April, quite early for such a high resort, which is one reason Snowheads moved to Val Tho. for the EOSB.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do they start closing it on a run by run, lift by lift approach or just a straight forward "That's it, shut" kind of approach ? Thanks for being so helpful, I'm intruiged by the possibilities of late season skiing!

Cheers
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
[quote]
Quote:
The snow may actually be better later in the season than now

It'd better be. It's deteriorating very fast all over at the moment, and though there's a bit of snow forecast for the end of this week, then it's getting warm again. Unless the weather changes very markedly it could be an early end to the season. Sad

I've just checked the temperature - at 1550m it's still well above freezing. It's not going to freeze tonight - for the second night in a row.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The very first EOSB was in Les arcs. That year, everything was open on the first day. The next day certain runs were shut around 1800 / 1600 / PV. The next day, you could only ski back to the gondola midstation the one run each to 1800 / 1600. amd the day after that IIRC, the shut everything except the 2000 bowl. The following year, the 2000 bowl remained open a week after the main area. Conditions were ok when we skiied there - last skiing day for us that year was 30th april
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks folks for all the info, and I'm gonna leave Les Arcs for Mid April and head to La Thuile. I skiied it last week and it had loads of snow. Where as Les Arcs was running short in places already so if it's staying warm at the moment then things could be erm muddy / grassy very shortly! Just as a point to mention La Rosiere had the low down black runs and the lower half of the Marmotte red run closed last week and according to our ski instructor they wouldn't re-open those this season unles something dramatic happened.

Cheers.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jph123, it all depends on the current conditions. Right now although it has been raining it is likely to get cold again and snow later in the week. The forecasts here are not always very good due to the micro climate so you need to just wait and keep an eye on conditions. There is a good base higher up so even as it is now with rain and warm temps, I think it should be ok for the last week of the season. They say that most lifts will run as normal until the last day, then it all shuts and everyone goes home or on holiday until June and the summer season prep time starts. I would not want to be based in La Thuile, it is cut off from most places and to much walking for the good off piste, but have fun if you do go and please post how you find the conditions at the end of the season.

If you want to meet up whilst you are here send me a pm or read the details i post on the les arcs snow reports thread for meeting up.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy