Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Sonnschein, Niderau. Good choice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to book our first family skiing holiday.

We will have a 7yr old (skier) and an 18month old with us.

Is the hotel and resort in general a good choice for families?

Looking to go late Jan - early Feb '11.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ItsSnowJoke, the Sonnschein gets some good reports on here, if you find the topic Weather in Niederau a resident Snowhead, Carolyn, reports there and there are comments from various Niederau afficionados. We have visited Niederau more times than I care to remember, and were there a couple of weeks ago just for a long weekend and still love the village. Small ski area which is ideal with children - we went for about ten years or so for Christmas and New Year and it became part of our family life. We also went to other places but Niederau holds a place in all our hearts.

We have never stayed in the Sonnschein but have visited to eat. Its a bit of a walk up to the gondola and lifts but nowhere in Niederau is very far. I am sure you would enjoy it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ItsSnowJoke, A good choice - we stayed there the first week in March - I have put a trip report on the Neiderau forum so I will not go in to too much detail here. The Red ski School in Niederau has a good reputation. Also if you go on to the trip adviser web site the Hotel gets good reviews by many posters - I have put a report on earlier this week under ski bandit56.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have just returned from Niederau and I stayed in the Sonnschein. There were planty of families there with small children and all seemed to be having a good time. Children of various ages were having a great time in the lessons (there were even some so young they had dummies in their mouths) and making friends despite not all speaking the same language. I wrote a lengthy report on my trip on the Niederau weather forum, as I enjoyed my first ever skiing holiday immensely. There is a little train between the hotel and the gondola & ski schools which most families made use of. It went between 9.15am and 10am - then again between 3.45pm and 4.30pm. Cost was 6 euro for a week's ticket. There is a children's games room in the hotel and a table tennis table as well as the health spa things.

Cheers.
Rhiannon
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have had a few ski holidays but still class ourselves as beginners (as just need more confidence with reds) Do you think Neiderau would be good for us? Someone said we might get bored as the runs ar not very long? What U think?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy