Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno in April....Any tips or info?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I'm off to livigno on April 10th snowboarding for a week and hugely excited but slightly concerned about what weather/snow conditions to expect, has anyone been there recently or previously at that time?

Also, I've read it's fairly cheap there, is that true?!

Any information would be greatly appreciated, I can't think about anything else at the moment!

Thank you!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowgirl27, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I'm not sure about conditions at that time of year, but it's a high resort so should be pretty snowsure - probably usual Spring conditions.

The resort is a tax free area. Some things are less expensive, but I thought most were comparable to popular resorts. Captive market forces.

Here's a report I wrote after my trip there. The search function will provide other info too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm thinking of that date also.

In my reading I read that it's best to ski one side of the valley in the morning and the other in the afternoon.

There were a few decent videos on YouTube which can give you an idea of the resort.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is fairly cheap for food and drink. Probably similar to cheaper Austrian resorts and definitely cheaper than France.
The only time you can feel the "Tax Free" status is when buying the alcohol in the shops.
1ltr of Absolut vodka for example is around 6Euros there.
But perfumes were very close to UK prices. No deal at all.

It is a nice resort. Wide pistes and quick lifts. Good snow.
Not too big though. You can board all pistes in 2 or 3 days easily.
Saying this they are all good for repeated rides so the size of the resort is not a problem.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
e17phil, Sun-wise, yes. You can follow the sun by changing the sides of the valley during the day.
I think Mottolino gets the sun later on during the day. Carosello is sunny in the morning.

We've never done this as we would not bother with the bus. Waste of time during the day. We just committed to one side for the day.
However on the last day we walked from Mottolino base station to the new gondola on the other side and it wasn't that bad.
Maybe 10min walk or less.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brilliant, thanks for all the info!

Chasseur, thanks for the link, it was very helpful! I'm going to make sure I head to Mikey's for a go on the slide Very Happy

e17phil, did you book those dates?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowgirl27, I haven't as yet - waiting on my mate to get back from Slovakia next week before booking.

A lot of the pistes seem to be over 2000m so hopefully the skiing should be ok. Anyone know?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowgirl27, There is huge umberella bar at the bottom of the Carasello gondola - from 4.30 in the afternoon untill 6.30 they have a happy 2 hours and the drinks are very cheap - to give you an idea 2 Bombay Saphire Gin and Tonics a Bacardi and coke and a Becks came to 9 euros 50 - but the measures were very generous verging on triples. They have a resident DJ who plays a huge range of music for all ages and tastes from techno, classic rock and some dodgy euro music. All great fun without been at all rowdy - a great way to finish off your day's boarding or ski-ing -also at 17.30 they come round with bowls of complimentary spicy pasta to soak up all that booze. You will find your well earned dosh goes a lot furthur than in some of the French resorts Toofy Grin - We went last March on a last minute deal with Inghams and all four of us had a ball -I am sure you will enjoy it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
the beer was swiss Steinback i think, no Peroni as far as i could see Sad
we were there late March 2008 and put a foot of snow down the day we left
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowgirl27,
Was there in Jan this year and as others have suggested, the costs are pretty cheap considering your in a ski resort. around 3 euro for 500ml of peroni in Bellavistas Bar ( cant recall the name) & very large liqueurs at 2 euro. Food in Italy tends to be very nice & good value too, & we found this no exception inLivigno
The bus service is pretty efficient so moving across the valley is no problem.
If your into jumps & stuff on your board theres a couple of amazing parks there & one has an air bag so you can practice your flips etc without worry.
For lunch I wouldn't bother with the big eateries on the mountain, drop down to village level & grab something in one of the slope side cafes/restaurants there ( The restaurant in the Hotel Sporting, behind Carasello 3000 gondola , is great service and value ).
Downside is the transfer if coming in from anywhere other than Innsbruck.
Enjoy
snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hi

we have been regularly around easter and the snow is fine, little bit slushy down the bottom towards the afternoons but still good on the tops, as it happens we were planning on going but due to unforseen circumstances we have had to cancel
we have an apartment booked and paid for in the san rocco area for 10th-17th april. We paid 350 euros.

it has a lounge/dining area with sofa bed
1 double bedroom with a bathroom/shower
and then upstairs another room with a single and double bed and another bathroom
its a nice apartment in a good area
http://www.alpi-hotels.com/ita/truz/monte.php
anyone want to make us an offer?
thanks hannah
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy