Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski graphics

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been pondering the question of buying skis in a sort of half hearted way recently, and the thing that struck me was that most skis were horribly garish and illustrated with the name of the manufacturer and/or some meaningless species name - my last hire pair were "Streetracers" - what does that tell me?

I did see some nice plain skis, Bogner did some bamboo effect ones and I saw another pair which were a sort of black weave effect spoilt only by a small silver "Wally" logo, however these were so expensive they weren't marked with a price Shocked I have to say that snowboarders are clearly in the lead here...

Am I alone in my quest for the plain, or at least attractively decortated ski?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ian Hopkinson, Nordica skis are generally less fussy in graphic design. I'm afraid most of them are, as you say, garish and fairly yukky. The trick is not to worry about the top surface - after all it's the sole and the properties of the ski that matter, not what they look like. You could try spray painting them though. Get a good elastic primer and then a top coat followed by varnish - did it once on some very old skis - didn't last forever, but in that case it saved some embarassment. Blush
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're going to paint your skis, give the top sheet a quick going over with some fine sandpaper first. This wil help the paint stick much better.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ian - check out the PRO MODEL PHIL BELANGER 175 on www.dynastar.com - I nearly bought a pair when I was in Tignes Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wallys are the most expensive ski you can buy, they're about £1,600 per pair I believe. If you want a ski that has very different graphics have a look at www.volkers-extreme.com, they're also exclusive only 100 pairs made each year. The last series the AK 47 was designed by an artist who won a major award, apparently most of them are now hanging on walls rather than being used.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

or

are my current toys, both nicely understated I think.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah Ise, they're nice! Me wants!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had a pair of long thin Kastles a while back which only the word Kastle and everything else was black. Showed every scratch - not a good choice. But warmed up quickly in the sun and dropped off any stuck on snow/ice.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ise, oooo...those are nice - particularly like the look of the Zag's snowHead

David@traxvax, I have a habit of unerringly identifying the most expensive item in any display! Are they £1600 worth of ski, or £400 worth but look nice?

I think I'd have to get several pairs of skis before I was happy about sanding and painting a pair Shocked

They do like their flash on the Dynastar website rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've never quite understood the fascination for ski graphics. If the tops get scratched why worry? Hopefully, they will be less likely to get stolen. How a ski works is what matters to me, not what it looks like.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ian, I've no idea but they're cheap cpmpared to the cost of a Wally yacht.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy