Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shredz??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The misses has seen a 'Shredz' jacket she likes in two seasons for 50quid down from 80 - ive never heard of them - is it going to be good enough quality?

Anyone any experience?

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowfiend, cheaper (snowboard?) brand that can be bought in TK Max etc but ok, unless you are going to go trecking for three days and sleeping in huts on the mountain. You can not go wrong for £50 !! well that is what I sort of told myself when I bought my £39 jacket Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No sleeping in huts planned - although does sounds fun!... (not sure the other half would agree no matter what ski-jacket she had though) lol.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowfiend, Got the kids a couple of Shredz fartbags on fleabay - will see how they perform when we get to the snow on Sat. Seem pretty decent quality though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not tried the jackets but me and eldest daughter have Shredz gloves bought for very little in TKMaxx, do the job perfectly well.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowfiend, my 15yr old son has been skiing the last two years in a Shredz jacket and it's been great value for money, warm, waterproof, windproof and loads of pockets. He skis about 40 days a season so it's seen some usage but is showing no signs of wear and tear. I think it cost about £50 and was well worth it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers for that everyone - just didnt want to buy what seemed a bit of a bargain if after her first week it was showing signs of distress!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've just bought a shredz jacket in store today

http://www.tkmaxx.com/mens-ski-wear+outdoor/black+grey-ski-jacket/invt/31263975

It seems quite thin. Will I be ok with an extra layer underneath - given the current very cold conditions? Or is it deceptively warm?
It is 5000WP waterproof and 5000MVP breathable and is fully taped.

There was a Tog24 Jacket that was quite nice too. Didn't buy it today though...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can always stop, take off a layer and carry on if you're getting a bit too warm... or even add an extra one if it turns out to be deceptively cold!

Seems like that's the best way to find out.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
-22 plus speed = -40 buy a good jacket for cold weather.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My shredz snowboard pants are 6 seasons old and still going strong after 9 weeks skiing, not bad for £18 from tkmaxx!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cynic, What is a good jacket, in your opinion? are WP and MVP ratings not a good indicator? The jacket above is wind proof and waterproof, I'm not sure how I would know if it was going to be warm enough until I tried it out in cold conditions. How do you pick a warm jacket?
Serriadh, Experimenting with layers is what I thought I'd try.
lilywhite, I bought the Shredz trousers too!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy