Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon X Wing 4

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've asked before but....

Has anyone skied either X wing 4 or 6's?

I've been looking online but some suggest the 4's might be a bit flappy at speed. I'm a confident intermediate, just carving and looking to buy some skis. They'll be for indoor use mainly with an annual family trip hopefully. As I have 2 young kids in tow I won't be tearing about all the time but do like the odd burst given the chance.

Anyone own them or tried them?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mike - just a quick one - i cant answer your question but i was wondering if you could answer mine - ive been skiing twice and have picked it up pretty well - my skiing is still short brushed turns. i rented salomons last time but cant remember which but i loved em - bearing in mind this will be my third week skiing next year do you think the salomon xwing 4's would suit my ability - they wouldnt be that expensive a mistake seeing as they only go for around £200
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shootingmike wrote:
I've asked before but....

Has anyone skied either X wing 4 or 6's?

I've been looking online but some suggest the 4's might be a bit flappy at speed. I'm a confident intermediate, just carving and looking to buy some skis. They'll be for indoor use mainly with an annual family trip hopefully. As I have 2 young kids in tow I won't be tearing about all the time but do like the odd burst given the chance.

Anyone own them or tried them?

based on your comments I must have skied the 4's. I rented them for the day when I was in Sunshine 2 years ago from the shop at the top of Gondola and didn't go much on them. I did experience a bit of the wobble but to be honest u really have to be going some in a straight line to feel that so don't let it put u off. If you're a beginner and there's a deal for 200 then it's not a bad place to start for a first ski too. Try them and see what you think.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've had these skis as my first set progressing from novice to intermediate. Very happy with them. Yes I have experienced some flapping but only when I've got to high speeds for me (skit rack app suggesting 70kph +). I did find that in deep powder this year that they weren't great with my 80 kg weight but there again theyre not really designed for this -powder was up over my boots. If you can get them at the right price I think they'll give you a great ride
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't imagine you'll get anything close to fast inside.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy