Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is Ischgl Having a bad year???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been wanting to go for a cuple of years now and have looked at the snow report yesterday and 30cm bottom, and 105cm at the top??? is it always like this or are they having a bad year or something? The slopes are fairly high and i thought it had a good snow record but i just dont get that feeling at the moment!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was there last month and there was no shortage of snow on the groomed slopes. Top to bottom riding with the usual caveats about the quality coming into the resort.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The 105cm at "the top" will aply to most of the pistes. There are only two runs to the bottom. When I was there a couple of years ago they were quoting 5cm at the bottom (actually there was no snow in the village) and they still kept the village in adequate condition. At 105cm/30cm everythng will be just fine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was there last december,2nd week-end in the season, with snow depth lower than this and bar the home runs, the conditions were really good: very few icy patches, powder on teh sides, most pistes in very good nick

My first time there and I really really liked it..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ischgl doesn't get the depths recorded in other resorts nearby like Lech or St Anton, although I can't say I've really noticed this being a problem. I'd say that was slightly down on average, as several places are this year, but not especially. Should be absolutely fine! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was there in November with 70cm and 0cm and virtually everything bar the home runs was open and in fine condition..... no probs with these levels at all....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was there at start of Jan (well Kappl actually) and am not long back from St Anton. Fair to say that a lot less snow than normal but this did not affect the slopes as start of Jan as it was soooo cold. Seems to be getting some snow now but the only thing that will crucify the 'shortage' would be high temps.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
90% of the ski area is above 2000 metres. How much snow is at the bottom is only really relevant for deciding whether to slide down or take the gondola at the end of the day.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was in the 'neighbouring' resort of Serfaus last week which had these same reported snow depths. Conditions were really poor wink Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sounds good to me
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snow depths, in themselves, are really no indicator of anything, where pistes are concerned.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It hasn't really changed since December I just don't think they bother updating the website!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy