Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help choosing resort for 20/3/10 - urgent!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys am going away this saturday (have flights booked). Now i have a choice of 3 resorts an need help deciding which to go for. The choices are Les Menuires, Les Arcs or La plagne. The accomoation in all 3 resorts are as good as each other so it comes down more to where would be best for skiing. I am an inermediate (earlyish) with 4 weeks experience skiing mainly blues and my buddy is a complete beginner. We will be taking a couple of private lessons so a good instructor would be good and i guess somewhere with nice long wide blues. Can anyone reccomend which resort to go for?
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have been to les arcs and would recommend it, probably 1800 as it has the best apres if that is what you are into as well as having easy access to nice easy blues in 1800, 1600 and vallandry.
Dont know about instructors but i have had good days out (dare i say it Twisted Evil) with ski club of GB reps, mabye something to look into, especially if you dont know the area and want to meet some randomers

Really it dosent matter too much, you will have a good time in any of those places i imagine!

Also id recomend this website for last min deals fasttrackski.co.uk but as you say you already have flights so i dont know if they would have the best deals
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd recommend La Plagne, mile upon mile of blue runs..

In fact I'm going there (again!) myself this Sunday. Yay!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bit more info... the chalet in Les rcs is in Peisey Valandry and the chalet in La Plagne is in LA Plagne Montalbert. which is recommended out of the two??
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have been to 3 valleys, la plagne and les arcs and enjoyed les arcs a lot more. There are some lovely tree lined runs near vallandry and in les arcs 1800. You could then progress up to Arc 2000 by the end of the week. La plagne ok but preferred les arcs. Les menuires is very ugly and to make the most of the 3 valleys you need to both be good intermediate skiiers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mmdpkaaa, if you edit the title of your thread to include 'Paradiski' you might attract more comments, there are a few Snowheads experts on La Plagne and Les Arcs and they will be able to provide you much more detailed info on the runs in relation to the location of the accomm you have found. HTH a bit.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

the chalet in Les rcs is in Peisey Valandry and the chalet in La Plagne is in LA Plagne Montalbert. which is recommended out of the two??

Montalbert will put you at the far right edge of Plagne so its quite a treck to get across to Arc. BUT Peisey will put you next to the Vanoise (well, just up the buckets if you're in Valandry) So you have full choice of skiing Arc or Plagne with minimal effort.

Having said that I would be happy with a trip to menswear, I love the Trois Vallees, having spent more than 20 weeks over the years I would still go at the drop of a hat.

However, the hat dropped slightly differently this time and I'm off to les Coches on saturday Cool Cool Very Happy Which has all the advantages of Peisey, just from the other side Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Arcs sounds good. The chalet is a two minute walk from the Vanoise Express and overlooks it from its balcony and is also very close to the Le Peisey chairlift. Are there some nice easy blues in this area? Would i need the pass for the whole paradiski or will les arcs be sufficient?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
booked Les Arcs...cant wait!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

We will be taking a couple of private lessons

not together, presumably?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
well not sure to be honest. i am an early intermediate - ski blues ok mainly parallel but slip back to snowplought when it gets too steep! was advised private lessons would be the way to go...?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mmdpkaaa, yes, but not together with a complete beginner!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Are there some nice easy blues in this area? Would i need the pass for the whole paradiski or will les arcs be sufficient?

Have a look for yourself: http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter-holidays/types-of-skiing/slopes-map.html

The les arcs one alone will cost you E209 around E220 for the les arcs plus a day in plagne or E249 for the unlimited everywhere. The latter is what I would (and have) gone for, and being next to the vanoise even your buddy should be able to make use of it by the end of the week. It's a while since I skied Arcs but I remember liking the area around Peisey, from my memory the reds down weren't anything particularly difficult (but it was a while ago). Also I remember the runs down to les coches and montchavin being pretty cruisey. You can even get an ipod guide to the area as I just discovered: http://www.mountainpod.fr/web/index.php?langue=uk I prefer the french version, but couldn't help smiling at the English one for Aiguille Rouge where she suddenly says "OK, everyone out on the pissed" Is that the special English translation?

I will no doubt be passing you as I intend to spend quite a bit of time hopping over from les coches, despite being a skier of some 30 years I'm recovering from a couple of broken ribs so will be taking things pretty easy!

Personally I don't think ur buddy being a complete beginner will get much value from a private lesson and I would suggest taking a course : http://www.esf-peiseyvallandry.com/pages/ski_alpin/index.htm E108 for the week. Your friend may spend much of the first lesson smoothing the snow with their backside.... (but it is such good fun Happy

Yep, I can't wait too Cool
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Did you get your instruction sorted mmdpkaaa, ? (saw your other thread)

Off tae Glasgae about 3ish - the holiday starts today Cool
don't forget to wave across the valley!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hi andy, not yet booked a ski school - still unsure...newgen seems good but is alot more expensive than ESF...where ru staying? im in plan peisey...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy