Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New BASI CEO

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Probably old news but I just spotted this on the BASI website:

Following a comprehensive search, BASI are pleased to announce the appointment of Fergus Waters to take up the demanding and challenging role of the association's new Chief Executive Officer. The appointment is effective from the end of May 2010 when Fergus re-locates from his home in the Scottish Borders to officially join the rest of the staff at BASI HQ in Grantown-on-Spey to head up the association. Reporting to the board, key responsibilities include ensuring BASI's financial stability, managing the association's future development and continuing to promote the international status of BASI for the benefit of members.

Fergus joins BASI directly from his role as Director of the Scottish Mining Museum, a major tourist attraction that employs a staff of 28 and attracts 40,000 visitors per year, where he has been involved for the last 14 years initiation and developing operational and management strategies for finance, budgeting, fandraising and staffing.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
An interesting appointment from outside the ski industry. A good decision by the BASI board IMO.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm of no particular opinion here but it strikes me that his having, presumably, no professional knowledge of snowsports could be a bit of a weakness could it not or doesn't that matter these days?

I guess it might allow him to escape the squabbling of the past but is that a valid reason to appoint someone, not sure, not sure!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
roga,

I understand he was a qualified BASI grade 3.

He also is / was Chair of Midlothian Tourism Forum. I think this probably gives him enough knowledge of the leisure and snowports industries to be an effective CEO for BASI.

Don’t forget that the “politics” side of the organization is the responsibility of the Board and Chairperson, developing our international relationships in Europe for example. More important skills for the CEO are budgeting, managing people etc.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think he has more important things to worry about than ensuring BASI's financial stability, the association's future development, the international status of BASI, etc, as soon as he starts his now job. Primarily, will he ensure the lunch is still hot for the people at the back of the queue at the next AGM. Hmmmmmmm, we'll see wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
roga, Well Bob Kinnaird wasn't really from within the industry and he was the best we've ever had. Hope Fergus can do something!

A professional organisation that does nothing for it's fully qualified members, is not (apparently) able to provide receipts for legitimate business expenses such as refresher courses, and which produces a credit card which is not available to people who are seasonally employed Shocked is not doing much is it? rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski wrote:
A professional organisation that does nothing for it's fully qualified members is not doing much is it? rolling eyes

I think Dave Renouf has been working for years on this. Successfully as it seems. So, credit where credit is due.
You're able to work in France now thanks to Dave's work in BASI
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy