Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski hire in Serfaus or on-line?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Group of 11 will be in Serfaus from 19 to 28 March, and looking at ski hire .
Any recommendations, and is it better/ worth it to hire beforehand on-line?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The quality of the rental gear seemed good at all the shops, can't see why not to take advantage of any discounts
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lizski, we're just back from a week in Serfaus - you'll have a great time! I left the snow in pretty good nick for you Toofy Grin Sorry, I can't help you with your question about ski hire, although I did notice there seemed to be few of the latest models around, on a quick survey of skis on chair lifts/gondolas. Whether this was through preference or stock I don't know.

If you haven't been to Serfaus before and have got any questions, just ask. This was our second time and I do think it is probably one of the best all round resorts we've been to. I'll try to get round to doing a resort review with some photos as it seems to be one of those resorts that gets interest but few people go to.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cathy, Very excited, thanks for the heads up and leaving some snow!
Have not been before, but read really good things.
Staying at St. Zeno kinderhotel, we are 3 families with small children.
Is there any ski-instructor you would specifically recommmend? Looking at lessons for my 2 boys (6 and 8- thirdtimers) and would like to try off-piste as well.
Booked ski-hire on internet, will see if it makes a difference.

Looking forward to your pics and report, glad you enjoyed it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Instructor reco - Fred (actually Frederich) dont remember his last name, great instructor, very pacient, seems that he really enjoys teaching.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lizski, sorry can't recommend any instructors as I didn't have tuition there. There seem to be loads of fun things for kids to do on the snow - they should have a great time. In case you didn't know and its not too late, don't order your lift pass on-line - when you register at your hotel you get a visitors card, which gives you 10% discount off your lift pass. So instead of about 200 Euros its about 180.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cathy, is that generally the situation? To rather order ski passes when you get to the destination?

And on the ski hire - is it also not better to get there and then go into the shop and rent them right there?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pixie4, it's certainly the case for Serfaus with regard to lift passes if you're staying in a hotel. When you buy your lift pass you also show your Visitors Card which you get when you arrive & register at the hotel. I don't know if you also get a Vistors card if you're staying in an apartment. I don't know if you're asking about Serfaus in particular or any resort in general - I haven't seen it at any other resort.

With regard to ski hire I don't know as I have my own. But I don't think you get a discount at Serfaus for presenting your Visitors Card. If you can get a discount by booking online beforehand then it would make sense to do so. I know at Lech it was very expensive to hire when you arrived, I think about £180 for the week for the best skis.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cathy, great thanks.

I was asking in general when going skiing irrespective of where you are going. I imagine they vary from place to place, but what is the general consensus?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pixie4, in general I would suggest, if going with a tour operator:

1. Look on the resort's website and see how much the lift pass will cost, presumably in Euros depending where you are going. Convert to GBP
2. Look to see how much the TO is charging if you buy it from them beforehand.
3. Guess whether the rate will go up or down and therefore whether you will be better off buying it in advance in GBP from the TO.
4. Search on the internet to see if you can buy in advance cheaper from any other compnay.
5. Bear in mind that if you buy from the TO on the transfer coach on your credit card, they will often use their own exchange rate.
6. Think what the hell, it is meant to be a holiday after all. Just buy it from the lift ticket office when you arrive in resort.

Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cathy, thanks.

Will do the research before leaving.

I would have it a guess that online in advance may be the option.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy