Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2009/10 The best UK ski season for a generation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If a generation is 25 years then this is likely to be the best ski season in Britain over the last one. I think we have to look back to 1986 to find something comparable.

Here in northern England the ski tows in the Pennine and Lakeland fells have operated every weekend since the 17th December. Yad Moss alone has provided in excess of 3,000 skier days. I know of one Member of the Lake Distruct Ski Club who has already clocked up 60 days of skiing this season and we're still only in mid March.

Its been a remarkable winter for all sorts of reasons. The last time the temperature reached 10C in central northern England was November. Virtually all precipitation has been snow with hardly any rain at all up here. Its has been a dry, sunny and very calm winter with almost no flooding and no storms. On occasions the humidity has been below 30%. The weekends have been notable for their lack of wind and frequent sunshine. Yad Moss and Raise still have full cover on all runs and will be operational again this weekend. Raise almost ran out of deisel and had to be resupplied by helicopter last Saturday, despite a full refuelling work party during the summer. Parts of the upper slopes at Yad Moss have almost 3m of snow cover, twice the depth of most European ski resorts. Scotland remains off the scale with enormous amounts of snow in particular at Cairngorm where the whole mountain is skiable with potentially another two months of snowsports remaining. Both Cairngorm and Glenshee have exceeded 100,000 skier days with Easter yet to come.

We thought last season couldn't be beaten. How wrong we were Laughing Lets hope its part of a new post climate-change pattern !

Grab it while you can snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter S, Sounds like its been a good season then Smile

I was reading this week, an article from some scientist, who was saying we are actually over due for another iceage and that all this global warming has been saving us from it Shocked I'm just wondering if this is going to be leading up to yet another 'religion' Puzzled Puzzled

Anyway just enjoy the winter pleasures while they are available. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
3m of snow at Yad Moss? Brilliant Very Happy

Will the clubs have earned some financial surplus to invest in their facilities?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yup 2010 has been a very good ski season for sure. Very Happy

Though you don't actually need to go back quite so far in history to find such a snow year.
1994 was also a remarkably snowy winter in Scotland.
With out doubt Glencoe and Nevis Range both had more snow in 1994 than 2010.
Cairngorm has similar amounts - but probably much more at lower levels (as weather has mainly come from the east this winter).

As you say - Happy days!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peter S, fantastic. I could clearly see the snow-capped Helvellyn range from 35,000 ft on Thursday!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wow that's amazing skiing every weekend since December in England! This is certainly the most consistent season in Scotland since I started skiing (5-6 years ago)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If we get a few more seasons on the trot like this one then might we see the re emergence of a Peak district ski club field?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here is hoping that the money made will be invested in new hire kit etc,especially at Glenshee.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Best snow season for a generation just as I move up to Aberdeen for uni, and not once have I got out on the Scottish slopes!! Disgrace!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Time to resurrect this thread i feel snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bet your ass it is
http://www.cairngormmountain.co.uk/
We are off up there on tuesday, can'y wait snowHead snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Definitely in S Wales.

I managed to get 10 days skiing in the Brecon Beacons between the end of November 09 and the end of February 10.

If I'd been able to get up there when I wanted to this winter, I could have easily got 30 days in and six consecutive months of skiing (Nov-Apr).

Whilst many of the days were / would have been on minimal coverage, there was a period in early January where the conditions were as good, if not better, than I've experienced in Europe.

Hoping to get my April turns in tomorrow snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter S, any Englisgh tows opening over Easter???
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
has yad moss got 3m of snow right now??? Confused
http://csc.tayloredtechnology.com/ski/large.aspx?picture=Yadmoss-2-01-04-2010-13-08.jpg
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricklovesthepowder, Think so, its open tommorow anyway! "1st April - The ski tow will be operating tomorrow (Friday) from 10.30am"

Cant wait
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy