Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Raich v Janka - who wins and by how much

Poster: A snowHead
FIS Alpine Ski World Cup
Janka is 38 points in the lead and has one race to go (GS).
Raich has two races to go (GS + Slalom).

So it's Janka +138 to Raich +162.

My prediction = Raich +12.

What is your prediction?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Currently:
Janka 1097
Raich 1059

Max possible points are:

Raich 1259
Janka 1197

Points are awarded:
100, 80, 60, 50, 45, 40 etc

Both can't win the GS (unless they tie, unlikely) so, if Janka wins it and Benni 2nd (unlikely) the max points score will be:

Raich 1239
Janka 1197

In that case Benni would need to finish 5th or better in the SL (but would also have had to come in 2nd in the GS and he hasn't been doing that lately)

So, I'm going with Janka cos I think his confidence is sky high and a lot can go wrong in the SL for Benni. If Janka just finishes ahead of benni in the GS then that'll probably be enough. Janka by 18 points.

Simples.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I´m going to go with Bode Swiller, on this one. Janka to take it.
http://www.skionline.ch/index.php?section=home Sorry its all in German, but look at the photo of Büxi , now THAT is what i call a beer, lets hope its not starkbier, eh DB, wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller,

Benni has been very consistent in the slalom (5 times 4th and once 6th out of the last 6 races) so if he comes 4th again thats 50 points. Pranger and Hirscher might back off too for Benni but Herbst is after some Crystal.
http://www.ski-db.com/db/profiles/rchbe.asp

Although Janka took Gold in the last 8 GS races he has only beaten Raich 3 times, although twice in the last three races. Raich is likely to come in 6th with another 40 points. If so Janka would need a podium finish and in his last three races he was 1st, 8th and 7th. If Janka does take a podium place I reckon hes got it but nothing is certain.
http://www.ski-db.com/db/profiles/511313.asp

Realize Raich is the king of second place - in the last 5 seasons he has come in overall second 4 times and only once took the top spot. It aint over till the fat lady sings and DAB I'll probably need at least one of those Büxi Starkbiers to celebrate or drown my sorrows when it's all over snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DB,
Quote:

DAB I'll probably need at least one of those Büxi Starkbiers to celebrate or drown my sorrows when it's all over

That sounds like a win/win situation to me Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
janka thinks Benni has the advantage in the technical disciplines. I really hope Benni does it - he deserves it, and he's my hero! Janka is the new star on the block, he'll get it all eventually. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
§%&%/"§$%!!!!!!!

Raich needs snookers now. wink One run to go but it looks like Janka is going to take the overall title now.

It's looking more like Janka +74 at the moment.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Congrats to Janka.

Austria will now probably declare war on the cuckoo clock makers. Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep, did anyone predict Janka? Cool
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller wrote:
Yep, did anyone predict Janka? Cool

Yes and well done DAB. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DB, That's cruel.

I would always bet against Raich anyway - his karma took a knock after he accepted Baxter's bronze.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller wrote:
DB, That's cruel.

I would always bet against Raich anyway - his karma took a knock after he accepted Baxter's bronze.

"Er hat gesagt, dass es nicht mein Fehler sei und ich sie einfach nehmen soll, weil sie mir zusteht", erzählte Raich in Park City von der Begegnung mit dem Schotten = Baxter told Raich it wasn't Raich's fault/mistake and he should take the medal.

http://www.news.at/articles/0247/200/45612/raich-10-12-baxters-olympia-bronze
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Swiller, don´t mind him, he´s a sore loser Laughing probably racking up those starkbiers by now!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB, Maybe so, but that's because Raich was under pressure and Baxter is a true sportsman. Raich isn't IMO - he should have made the great gesture of refusing a medal he didn't win and it would have helped his friend. Leaving the bronze unclaimed would have been the right thing to do.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller, He actually did try to refuse the medal becuause he was Alain's friend and training partner at times. The austrian Federation told him he had to take the medal or else!! What could he do?
Even his parents apologized to Alain's parents about him taking the medal!
snow report
Plugboy, sounds like you're describing some kind of totalitarian state... oh, wait a minute. Whether it was his federation or himself, it was unsporting and I'm delighted things aren't going to plan for them now.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, Everyone on the ski circus KNEW Alain won that medal fairly, at the end of the day, what does a piece of metal mean? He WAS 3rd, end of. BTW; the ÖSV has incredible power, and you mustn´t forget that Benni was a relative youngster then, he had to bow to the pressure.
snow report
Bode Swiller, Wikipedia suggests its well known that Raich gave the medal back to Baxter or is that not true?

"However, it is known that Benjamin Raich (the Austrian athlete that received the medal following the IOC's decision), returned the medal to Alain and suggested that it was rightfully his."
latest report
Bode Swiller, I deffo heard that he had sent it to Alain after all the fuss had died down. that's very unfair of you - you clearly don't know what happened, and are just assuming. If you've worked all your life for your chance at ski greatness, and your federation say 'accept this or else' you have no choice in reality - do you really think he should have thrown his career away, or risked it? to be serious, however difficult it is to accept, Alain did infringe the rules - What if it was the other way round?

I was gutted for Benni - his second leg was fantastic, just a shame he didn't get it together on the first leg. Having said that Janka skied beautifully on both legs and deserved his globes. Very exciting race, a keeper for sure.
snow report
Quote:

what does a piece of metal mean?

correct.

Which is why
Quote:

I deffo heard that he had sent it to Alain after all the fuss had died down
is irrelevant.
latest report
Quote:

BTW; the ÖSV has incredible power

Yeah, too much for their own good... Marc Giradelli
snow conditions
Bode Swiller,

Raich did what he could at the time and then again afterwards IMO he is a good sportsman. Raich didn't infringe the rules nor did he decide who came in third so I don't see any reason to hate on him. It's a great shame that Baxter didn't officially pick up the bronze but I haven't seen one bad word from Baxter towards Raich regarding the medal (even after Baxter hung up his skis and had nothing to lose).
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, To take quotes from 2 different people in that way is out of order! You said it mattered, you clearly didn't know anything about it, and were being snidey and nasty about one of the best skiers in the world who is a good sportsman. I never said it didn't matter - it does!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy