Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another (sorry) boot size question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I ditched my old boots on my last trip and hired boots for the first time in years. My feet are 26.5 cm long (my measurement).

The hire shop I went to was faily quiet and the boot fitter took the time to select the best boot for me. He selected a pair of 26's but they just felt far too tight in the shop (toes touching end of boot). I asked for the next size up, they didn't do half sizes so I skied on 27's all week. (Before anyone makes the point, the hire shop was more that willing to exchange the boots at any time during the week - I just did not get round to it)

I had no comfort problems with the 27's but wondered what ski control I was missing that the tighter boots would give. I am going again next week - I am tempted to try size 26 this trip and see what happens - any opinions?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Half sizes in ski boots are actually just a different liner in the same shell size. So a 26 & 26.5 are the same size, the 26 has a larger liner, the 26.5 has a smaller liner - ie it takes up less room.

If you are renting the boots then I encourage you to change your gear around so you can see for yourself what difference things like boot fit makes.

After that, if you are going to buy some boots just see the best bootfitter you can. A real boot fitter will get the best boot for your foot, it may be a 26 shell, it may be a 27 shell, it would depend on the rest of your foot (not just length) / leg shape, where you ski and how you ski.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy