Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all - would appreciate some advice if that's OK? A group of us are debating whether to ski Morzine or Zermatt from Wednesday next week (have booked flights into GVA). We need to make a decision on where to head to partly on a travel time basis (so Morzine wins on this aspect). What I'd like to figure out is this :

- conditions sound good, is this right?
- will Morzine keep 2 strong intermediate skiers and 1 boarder happy for 3 days (we like fast carving, long runs, variety etc)?
- what is lift system like / would you recommend spending a day doing part of the PDS circuit?
- what is nightlife like (after a couple of civilized, busy bars for a few beers / apres etc)?
- what is Morzine as a town like?

Many thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
franga, Never been to Zermatt and stayed in Morzine this year so on this basis:

Conditions should be great - check webcams, snow reports thread
Plenty of skiing for skiers anjd boarders - PdS is really easy to Navigate and there's tons of skiing/boarding
Now that holidays are over I think the pistes will be fairly quiet with minimal queues at the lifts
Nightlife - the Triangle that is Tibetan (formerly Buddha) bar, Coyote, Cavern seem to be the liveliest. These bars along with a nightclub (if you want it) are on the street that runs directly down from the Pleney gondola to the tourist office. Tibetan bar seemed the best to me. A quiter bar but one which had a good atmosphere was the Tavern.
As a town, a typical alpine town although starting to sprawl somewhat. The section between the Pleney and Super-Morzine seems to be the liveliest but all along the Rue de Bourg there are plenty of shops/cafes/bars etc..

You can cover a lot of mileage in a day's skiing if you wish.

A big plus for a weekend/long weekend is that it's only an hour and a half (less with a heavy right foot and good local knowledge) from Geneva airport.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
franga, conditions are good I hear, I'll find out Saturday as we're popping up for the night.

I've spent about/more-than 500 days skiing from there, so you're probably good for 3

I wouldn't do the circuit - some of it is a little unnecessary. Pick and choose depending on weather/snow.

Cafe Boudha, Rhodos, Samoyede, Etale, all good for civ apres

It's a very nice place.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy