Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot Repair in Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good day fellow SnowHeads...

Snapped a rivet in one side of a boot buckle and need it repaired. I'm based in Samoens but nobody can do anything or me here so gonna head to Chamonix rather than waste any more time. Looking for a few suggestions. It's such a frustratingly stupid little problem!

Merci
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I suggest you try smallzookeeper:

http://www.foot-works.fr/staff/steven.asp
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
altis, he's moved.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yup, Sole, plenty of rivets. We're on the river opposite the Hotel Morgane near Cham Sud.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
First question - is it really urgent? I've been skiing with broken rivets on each of my boots for at least 6 months. No apparent problems.

I've also had at least two go previously also. My local S&R said they can't re-rivet the clips anyway, but had some screws with a toothed threaded flange that goes on the inside of the hole into which the screw...screws. I drilled out the remnants of the old rivet and put in the screw...5 minutes, simples.

So I'd not make a special trip anywhere, but if you are heading Chamonix way (or anywhere else with a decent shop) give a phone call to Sanglard, Snell, Footworks etc and check whether they have any of these screws. If S&R have them I'm sure anywhere that does any kind of boot maintenance in the Alps should have some.

(Note to self - drop into S&R when I'm passing them on Saturday and get some more)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
altis, I am still on their site!!!! Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
paulmclean85, that is a sad reflection of so many ski shops, personally i believe that if you dont have the tools to fix it/adjust it then you shouldn't sell it
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ahh of course, Smallzookeeper, why did i even have to ask!?

altis, Mosha Marc, thanks for the info

GrahamN, i did think about a DIY job but to be honest i'd probably make an a**e of it, and i've got the day off so a trip to Chamonix will keep me out the pub.

CEM, i agree, it's pretty disappointing to be honest.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The riveter cost me 800€ so can see how most stores avoid buying one for a 5€ rivet.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, screw rivets cost pennies
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CEM, Ah yes for some reason thought it was cant rivet for an Adrenaline, feck knows why.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER, besides, don't defend the sellers, if they don't invest like we have then they should be selling widgets
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy