Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to get lift passes from in Peisey Vallandry

Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Peisey Vallandry soon and need to arrange a couple of lift passes.

Can anyone who's been recently tell me if you can buy and collect the lift passes in Peisey or do you need to go to Les Arcs?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can buy lift passes in Peisey.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.peisey-vallandry.com/documents/plan_planpeisey_HIVER.pdf

No. 42

(just to the right of the lifts)

Tux
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I see the Flying Squirrel is still listed - great little bar. 39 on the map.
Worth a visit. Does the owner, snowHead Flying Squirrel still post here ? I've been away for years.... I know I could use the search engine for all posts by author - but I'm lazy. (And if you try it for someone like Goldfish or Masque it grinds the server to a halt. rolling eyes)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you all, that is precisely the information I was looking for.

Seeing as we're staying at number 3 on that map we can't get a great deal more convenient.

Is there likely to be a huge scrum on a Sunday afternoon or Monday morning to get a lift pass as is often the case in some resorts?

Also am I right in thinking that the passes don't need a photo for them?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ollie222, unlikely to be a big queue on a Sunday afternoon or Monday morning. Regular lift passes don't require a photo.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dubaian, not sure if he is still listed but I know my son little snowshepherd, (season in Peisey) seams to spend alot of time in the squirrel !! all reports are that its still a great bar
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Superb, thanks for the info guys, it's very much appreciated.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dubaian, Will is currently still owner of the Squirrel... he was in the bar two weeks ago when I was there, and yes he posted on here recently under The Flying Squirrel name, but I don't think I've seen him regularly here.

Agree with livetoski, still a great little bar - great burgers, warm welcome, and a magnet (along with Le Mont Blanc) for seasonaires. Thursday night Quiz night and the place was rammed - which was good as it was Chalet Hosts night off and we had baby sitters in, so we could make full use of an evening out !
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If we get a chance I'll try and check out the Flying Squirrel.

One other thing we're in a catered chalet so any recommendations for food out for the staffs night off? Nothing extravagant needed and it's for two adults and a 3.5 year old child.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ollie222, my young snowshepherd says La Solan, he is a chef, not at Solan tho, I would hope he would only recommend if it was good!!!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for that, we'll take a look when we get there and just blame your youngster if we have a bad meal Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ollie222, If you want more choice, and some more background info this thread might help..

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53223
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett wrote:
Ollie222, If you want more choice, and some more background info this thread might help..

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53223

That's really useful, thanks. It contains more then enough info to be going on with.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ollie222, we had a very nice meal in L'Armoise - which is on the right hand side of the road when walking downhill from the Vanoise Express. They cooked their meat very well!
ski holidays
LA VACHE

LA VACHE

LA VACHE

LA VACHE

LA VACHE
ski holidays
Ollie222, La Calèche is a good, reasonably priced family run Restaurant, just up from 'Le Relax' in Vallandry. Used a lot by locals and seasonaires too.
latest report
It looks like there are lots of options available.

Here's hoping it's a good trip.
latest report
Ollie222 wrote:
If we get a chance I'll try and check out the Flying Squirrel.

One other thing we're in a catered chalet so any recommendations for food out for the staffs night off? Nothing extravagant needed and it's for two adults and a 3.5 year old child.

We ate in the Mont Blanc - their Thai food is lovely and quite reasonably priced. They also do the obligatory chicken nuggets and burgers etc. They have a football table and our children loved it in there!
We have just come back.....it was fantastic Razz
snow report
I think Solan was reasonable value for lunchtimes too...
ski holidays
livetoski wrote:
Dubaian, not sure if he is still listed but I know my son little snowshepherd, (season in Peisey) seams to spend alot of time in the squirrel !! all reports are that its still a great bar

Seeing as we are having random peisey thread revival - the flying suirrel is not the same place anymore, it's now under new management and has been turned into a french wine bar..

Can't see it working myself but good luck to them - hopefully I'll be out in a few weeks time to check it out in more detail...
latest report
lesleyw, welcome to snowHeads. Pleased you enjoyed the trip.
bertie bassett, sad news about the demise of the FS as was.... hope Will came out of it OK.
ski holidays
bertie bassett, When we were there in November, the FS looked as it ever did. But I guess the new people had a month to change it. But we're out next week, so will have a look Very Happy

Another vote for both Solan & La Vache Very Happy
ski holidays
aha, long time no posto!
ahem, thanks for the nice comments, not so much a "demise" as a business sale, but hey ho!
Now I'm no longer there, I think Peisey-Vallandry needs a bit of variation from the english / dutch cartel of bars!! Please do go into the new flying squirrel (Plante du Baton) and support them, cos its in france after all!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy