Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 14th-20th - Anyone about ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Upper intermediate towards Advanced, billy no-mates skier looking for some off-piste company! GSOH etc.. Very Happy

Actually, its the classic story - Boy meets girl, Girl suggests holiday, Boy says "sure! Where?", Girls suggests "Tenerife!" , Boy says "No chance!" , Boy approaches mate, Mate and Boy shout "skiing!!", Girl arranges family holiday, Mate has crisis and pulls out, Boy wonders if he should be dating Chemmy Alcott instead, Boy joins Snowheads.com ! snowHead

I'm driving down to Chamonix this weekend, looking for some off piste and vallee blanche experiences. I'm a good standard but this will be my first time in Chamonix so would rather tag along with someone or a group who knows where they are going! Cool

Furthermore, being a slightly immature 30 something, I would certainly be up for a few beers, white russians or very irish coffees (well, it is paddy's day on the 17th after all).

Just looking at the webcams now - I just can't wait! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sidlittle, I'm in Chamonix 12th-19th, with a mate for 4 or 5 days then solo. We're thinking about some guided time to learn more off piste, maybe you'ld be up for sharing the cost? If you're not up for that then maybe a ski with me when i'm flying solo & I'll show you some of the spots I do know. Where are you based? UK & Cham (I ask about the UK as I do have a pair off skis I'ld quite like to get down there before my next drive in April). wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
by the way - driving solo - that's quite an expensive option isn't it?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
midgetbiker, Some guided time where the costs can be shared sounds absolutely ideal, so I would be up for that.

I'm booked in the Hotel les aiglons resort and spa for the Sunday (14th) and Monday. Then, from Tuesday I'm in an apartment on Place Edmond Desailloud. I gather both locations are in Chamonix Sud.

I'll be on the slopes for Sunday before checking in. I'm half considering getting there for Saturday - not sure yet.

I would be happy to collect your skis for you if possible , however, I'm in Essex and I'm guessing your skis are located in Yorkshire? If they do happen to be in the South East area, I could try and work something out.

and yes, driving solo to the alps isn't the cheapest option..but it sure is fun and it means I can stuff the car full of pasta, cans of tuna, biscuits and wine! wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sidlittle, and midgetbiker, I'm in Cham on 12-15 and 19-22. If it helps with the guiding expenses, I'd be interested. 3 of us on 1st trip, 2 on second, all decent off piste skiers.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sidlittle & ww166no, I've been talking to the lad who's out with me for the first 5 days and what we were fancying was to get a guide the take us up the AdM and down the Grand Envers route (trickiest of the 5/6 VB routes), do this early and then use the guide to show us some lesser known OP in one of the other areas ie the hard to find OP in Les Houches, the bottom exit of the Pendant Bowl at GM, or the route from the top of the drag to the car park at Balme.

sidlittle, if that sounds interesting to you then we could meet up and check out each others skiing sat/sun and get something pinned down.

ww166no, if you 3 are interested then the group might be getting big, this may be unwealdy but maybe stretches the budget to 2 days, thing is if we're doing split areas you would probably need a car, have you got one?

Either way I've got a sessionnaire mate who's back in Cham over the weekend and I'm going to try and persuade him he has the budget for joining us, so that's 3 to 7 of us.

Let me know what you think. snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
midgetbiker, I've been wanting to do every one of the routes that you've listed for a long time, but never got around to it so would be v keen! We will have a car till the 15th (when there are 3 of us), undecided about the second w/e when there are only 2 of us - probably not but it's possible. . . if you'd like to meet up sometime sooner to see if we're all of the required standard let me know.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ww166no, pm me your mobile and I'll give you a bell tomorrow, we'll be skiing in Cham from 1pm'ish friday (flights/delays aside), are you flying out early friday or end of thursday & where are you 3 based?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
midgetbiker, ww166no, I'll pm you my mobile. All sounds good. The likelihood is Sunday will be my first day rather than the Saturday...but even as I type I'm thinking I might just leave tomorrow! snowHead I shall let you know
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sidlittle, got your number, I'll call.

ww166no, pm your number if you can.

I've emailed one recommended guide to see what he has for next week & will post up when he responds, might try sending skierchris a mail as well although he can't do glaciers.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
midgetbiker, sorry I'm new at the pm lark - thought i'd sent you a pm yest. Have re-written and see the msg is in my outbox, but not listed as sent - sorry for being thick.

sidlittle, i have your no, for some reason i don't seem to have a prob replying to a pm, so will send mine.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ww166no, got your pm will ring you and sidlittle tonight when I get in. Not heard anything back from the guides yet but there are always others to try.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ww166no, sounds like we might be missing each other in terms of days in resort/other commitments but I will give you a call, got in later than expected tonight (and you're an hour later) so try you in the morning. off to bed myself soon as on an early flight.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy