Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Touring Routes - any websites in English?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I thought google was my friend, but apparently not.

Just wondering if any kind soul has thought / bothered to create a website which collates touring routes in the Alps? I can find several websites in German which all appear to be run pro bono, but nothing very helpful to me and my lack of German language skills (and no, I can't say that Google Translate is particularly helpful!).

I thought the Swiss Alpine Club might at least have something for Switzerland, but it appears not.

Any suggestions?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try camptocamp.org
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno wrote:
try camptocamp.org

ooh, er! you're not pulling my leg, are you? wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are some books, search in Amazon books for "ski touring". I haven't used any myself. My ski touring has taken a back seat to skiing with mates and now kids! Hopefully I will get back into it someday. Also there is the Eagle Ski Club http://www.eagleskiclub.org.uk/ Again, I haven't hooked into this as yet but as I understand it the members organise their own trips.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks Layne.

That camptocamp wesbite recommended by Arno is pretty good - worth a butchers, for sure.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
summitpost.org although mainly climbing based also has some info. This season I've been using that and camptocamp which although primarily French does a mini translation of the routes and attempts full translations of some (useful if like me you're ok with the French apart from the odd word).

skipass.com is completely French but can be worth a look for ideas.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You could try http://www.skitour.fr/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The best book in English is the Bill O'Connor book from Cicerone press which presents clear descriptions of week long tours in the alps.

If you want to delve a little deeper try this site : - http://www.gps-tracks.com/mainEn.asp
You can get to maps that show the ski trails - but first you have to know what you're looking for! Shocked

Try a search using Silvrettadurchquerung then look at the XXL-Photomap ....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy