Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 7 Laux

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I finally got round to driving over today. As previously reported on the small Isere Resorts thread the snow was rather hard everywhere, but there was plenty of cover. I managed a good canter round the domaine skiing mostly reds (easy compared to LDA) and blues (couldn't tell the difference between most of the blues and the greens). I found it very pleasant altogether but with some seriously scary lifts and lots of edges. Shocked I was slightly vertigous most of the day and wasn't skiing well, so I left out the top lift La Pouta which looks scary (very steep) and apparently finishes on a knife edge arret with only blacks to ski down. Shocked discretion and all that! Toofy Grin
I've published a full trip report on my blog (with photos), so I'm afraid you'll have to go to http://www.easiski.com/blog1 to see the whole thing.

I'll go back - but only when the snow's better or ther are freshies. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sweet. Thanks.

The high stuff looks superb Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
it's a great areas - lots of easily accessible fun off piste. can't wait to go back
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the report Easisky. It's okay at the top of La Pouta - except when there is a cold wind blowing (a cheaper alternative to cosmetic surgery?). As Easiski says, there are only blacks down, but the ones facing the resort are relatively straightforward, steep in places, yes, but no surprises. Vallons du Pre (Variante) is the one to take when it is open. It is an unpisted black. Steep at the top with clumps/moguls - but then flattens out into some wild back country (with a crazy natural half pipe in the middle of nowhere). Vallons du Pre is a truely wacky piste -- probably the hardest part is getting down the narrow funnel-shaped track from the Pouta chair lift landing area to the top of the piste itself. Very narrow (about 2/3 meters at the funnel), steep moguls and icy when I was there --- but this 'channel' is only about 20 meters long (probably less in reality were it not for the psychological trauma it induces). After that the piste opens up in front of you - throw yourself into the fall inline, make your first turn on the steep, and you are away -- an awesome ride!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy