Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking your Austrian ski qulaifactions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - I wonder if anyone can help me I am looking for a ski school to take my ski q's (Asw 1) in Austria at the start of next year. I am keen to try and do this in the Salzburger Land area (I know it’s quite big) but any suggestions anyone has where I could take them / any experinaces they have (good or bad) would be really welcome.
Many thanks,
Duncan Razz
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dmott1974,

I thought all Austrian ski exams were based at the ski academy in St Christoph.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry - I should have been more specific - I am seeking a school which can help me through the exams - there are a few based in St Anton who market to the UK, but I am really after an Austrian equlivent ! Blush
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dmott1974, Do you speak German? This may be helpful http://slsv.at/index.php?id=25,
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am learning 1 year in and making progress .. many thanks for the link I will investigate.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dmott1974, Your English is coming on well too, but perhaps have another go at the spelling of the thread title? Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The courses aren't run (in Tirol anyway, and I'm 99% sure Salzburg too) by ski schools, but by the governing body for the area (ie Tirolerschilehrerverband). I did mine in St Anton (but as part of a 4 week gap year course thing, which I assume you don't want) although there were lots of other people doing the anwarter who'd just booked through the governing body.

If you google the governing bodies, they have lists of where and when the courses are running.

Edited for clarity

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 10-03-10 0:04; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dmott1974, Anwarter and Landes qualifications are organised through the regional associations (Tirol, Voralberg, Kaernten, salzburg, Vienna, upper Austria, lower Austria and Stiermark (no Burgenland). The National qualification is organised through the government department for sport, you can only get on the national programme having passed all the regional qualifications.

Best to choose your region, each region will organise courses in that province (Lande).

PSG
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy