Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rookie Academy Reviews?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I'm looking for reviews or feedback on Rookie Academy ski and snowboard instructor courses (see www.rookieacademy.com). If you've done one of the courses they offer around the world, I would love to hear your feedback.

Cheers
Hamish
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Hamish

I had a friend who did one and he enjoyed it. I think a benefit is you can get dual qualifications, NZSIA and BASI. They also now offer BASI L3 teach and tech courses.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I lived in Wanaka for a few years in the early 2000s and meet lots who did Rookie Academy courses including a few I worked with. Although it was a while ago I got the impression that they were pretty happy with the package. As beanie1, said the NZSIA , BASI and PSIA qualifications give great benifits for working in many countries. Have a look at the trainers profiles and you will see they have wide range of experiance and qualifications. The NZSIA has had a good reputation for many years partly because in NZ we have always had lot of northern hemisphere instructore working here and have been able to take the best bits from a whole range of different national systems.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi. Did the Level 1 PSIA in Copper earlier in the year. Best training I have ever received - bar none-. The instructors were top quality , and the owner of the Academy , a NZ'er named Dean is well known amongst the Colorado instructing community for his innovative input.

They don't take crap from idiots, and the humour is direct and un PC like. I got fitter , gained my certification , remembered my lessons and am now looking to do Level 2 with them sometime soon. The logistics sometimes strained our patience, but then again we ARE supposed to be adults. (I was the oldest in the group at 52 , so it was nice to eventually keep up with the 18 year olds).

We TRAINEd, (as opposed to skiied) each of the days we were supposed to and I tried my best to remember the new habits. Talk about teaching an old dog new tricks. !

The guest instructors were top class and some were the Demo team from Aspen etc.

There are other reviews that are less complimentary, but like I said, they don't put up with fools lightly... Best money I spent on a holiday - or training - and as a parent, would recommend the care given to the youngsters.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ashleygf, welcome to Snowheads.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy