Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR Ischgl 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Resort: Ischgl
Domain: Silvretta, includes Ischgl, Galtur, Kappl and See, we only skied the first 2
Author: LynseyF

Date: 20/2-6/3/2010
Our holiday: 2 skiers and a boarder the first week joined by another boarder and 6 skiers the second week, big range of abilities and attitudes Smile
Basics : We flew Edinburgh to Munich then got the train to Landeck Zams and got picked up at the rain station by the owners of the apartment we were staying in.
Lift system : very good lifts, 5-10 min queues at access gondolas but none the rest of the time
The terrain : I didn't really like how all the pistes converged on one area, Idalp in particular was very busy and most skiers just seemed to plough through in a straight line. Other than that the pistes were pretty quiet although a bit scraped away after a few days without fresh snow. generally they were very well maintained. I though the pistes were a little over graded, generally I prefer red pistes but I skied most of the blacks here and none were steep at all. The area to the right of the piste map, reds 38-41 got very wind scoured so definately ones to ski when there was fresh snow, generally I thought the snow in Samnaun stayed a little fresher. The off piste at the side of blacks 34-35 and 20 was really nice as was under the lifts to Alp Trida. My friends did more exciting off-piste but I stayed pretty close to the lifts or pistes. Galtur was pretty nice as well and well worth a visit.
The snow : a couple of good dumps.
Off-piste : stayed really, really fresh and untracked out, this is the land of race skis
The resort : the village was lovely, pretty nice looking, lots lively apres, we had an interesting night in the Kuhstal Smile
Food : I mostly ate in to save money but nowhere seemed very expensive and my friends seemed to like everywhere they went.
Accommodation : we stayed in 3 apartments in www.apartclaire.ch which I can really recommend. The owners droped us at the lifts every morning and picked us up at night, we were in apartment 5a which is lovely and really spacious with en-suite bathrooms. There is also a lovely sauna and steam room.
Costs: flights were about £100 including a suitcase and ski bag each, train about £80 return, our apartment £330/week although some of the others were cheaper and we only had 4 people in it. Lift pass was €410 for 2 weeks but you can get it cheaper if you only want to ski Ischgl and Samnaun.
Conclusion: I liked Ishcgl although going to Galtur reminded me how much I like smaller places so will probably look for that for next year. I found it pretty cheap compared to Tignes where I was in December. There seemed to be loads of crazy apres ski bars and loads of nice hotels with restaurants attached but no pub type places to sit and have a drink and a meal which I also missed. Overall though I think Ischgl has something for everyone unless you are only looking for steep on piste when you would be a bit disappointed.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We had our 1st visit to the area this year as well.

We stayed in Galtur though and it seemed to be cheaper (going on the cost of a standard beer). There was a big dump of snow whilst we were out which meant the itinery runs were a lot of fun.

I'd definitely go back as well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy