Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids ski boots still in stock anywhere?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well middle daughter, like me, discovered on our week in the mountains the boots she'd happily learnt in at the Tamworth fridge were a bit too big for her new found more agressive style of skiing (at least with her she'll grow back into the too big ones!).
Been ringing round all the local ski boot sellers and none seem to have any even close to her size left (mondo 20 ish), and are saying probably nothing new in till Sept. Does anyone know anywhere (midlands ish for preference!) with a reasonable amount of kids boots left on the shelf?
Cheers
David
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not Midlands I'm afraid but you could give http://www.skibartlett.com/ a call, I'd be surprised if they don't have any.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lockwoods at Leamington Spa have some, don't know what sizes. They also sell some second hand ones I believe.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colin B, Beat me to it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could try The Alpine Room in Danbury - they google well - they usually sell childs boots and may have stock left. They will send through the post, though it is undoubtedly best if junior can try on a pair first so a local shop has to be way forward, but if necessary you could try them via mail order as a last resort. Also a lady called Sarah has 19.5's for sale in the buy and sell board at the moment too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum, Thanks, Sarah's 19.5s now belong to my littlest snowHead As Sarah said that sizing was a little optimistic to say the least! Actually taking a tape measure to the liners of Emily's boots I think the sizing on them might be equally random, supposedly 20.5 according to the label but the innersole measures 22.5cm! Think we will pop into Ellis Brigham next time we are at Tamworth and get her feet measured, I'm sure they'll do it for us even though they are totally out of kids boots.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have you tried Snow and Rock? They usually carry a good selection of childrens boots!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alexchapman, Yep, nothing Emily's size coming up on line and there wasn't anything even close in the Covent Garden branch when I popped in on Wed. Same story of big demand this winter owing to rubbish £ to € rate and nothing new coming in till next season now.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My girls, as I have said on another thread have these boots http://www.roces-snow.com/en/size.asp

The middle size goes from 19-22. Adjustable so they are bound to fit. They look pretty cool and my girls love them.

Pricey though but should last longer than non adjustable and very ebayable when they finally grow out of them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fifespud, That sort of thing is very common in Inline Skates, which Roces also make. Saves what I guess are yearly changes of boots. Googling they look to be just under £100 which I bet saves in the long run. I didn't actually buy my daughter any boots until she was 12 and in size 5 shoes, 2 years later they still fit and her feet seem to have stopped growing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fifespud, Look interesting thanks, any thoughts on how these would cope with quite an aggressive little skier, her current boots are Nordica GP-TJs so 40 flex and 4 buckle, so she might take a bit of persuading 2 buckle aren't for "little" kids!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I wonder if they are water-tight?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My girls are extremely happy with them. I was lucky they both had them in the smallest setting when we got them. This year I had to move them out slightly. The oldest girl (12) is pretty competent managing icy blacks and inbounds off piste pretty easily and the boots cope. They genuinely look very cool. We have one pair in white and one in pink. Also no need to adjust the bindings either. Megamum - no water ingress to report as yet.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh well, they may be one for the littlest snowHead when she grows out of the current boots but finally managed to track down somewhere with the next size down in the Nordicas in stock so have a pair of those on the way for Em that will do till she grows back into the current ones!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy