Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

dilemma - help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am going to be be going to BC. Canada in 2 weeks. I am an early intermediate skier and wish to buy some boots after having rented previously with bad experiences. I am unsure whether to buy my boots here (been reccomended rivington alpine, bolton) or to get them in canada - will be going to whistler as well as other local resorts. If you have any reccomendations for boot fitting in whistler please let me know as id like to get the best possible boot/fit.
many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Everyone seems pre-occupied with arguments at the moment. If I were you, I'd buy your ski boots in BC. Then you can actually ski in them and take them back if they are uncomfortable.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For me the exchange rate might be the main issue at the moment. You might want to compare the prices of boots here and there before you go. Providing you get a decent shell-fit over here, you can pay to get work done over there. If you do find the name of a decent place there (sorry haven't been there for 18 years) you may find you need to book an appointment in advance.

Previously I would have said buy in resort. But if you do not have some old boots already you might want to buy over here and test them out in a chillfactore or somewhere.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are good arguments for both viewpoints. My view is buy in the resort on your first day, you then have the rest of the holiday to to get any tweaking done to make the boots fit nicely. Buying at home would mean paying a resort boot fitter if tweaks are needed, or putting up with the problem until you get home. Plus you could not test the tweaks until your next ski outing. On the other hand, if you are regular at a dry ski slope or an indoor ski slope then buy at home and test at your ski slope.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mmdpkaaa, if you've got a recommended shop here in the UK, I'd get them done here. There's a Surefoot in Whistler that has a good rep but they're very expensive even for lower intermediate stuff. Another shop there is fanatyk (pronounced fannytwit wink ). What a bunch of arrogant t0$$€r$. Their customer philosophy appeared to be 'shut it, don't dare question us, so we can sell you whatever we have whether it suits you or not'. Interestingly the concierges at our hotel weren't terribly enthusiastic about them from the off when we mentioned the shop. We should've known they'd be in the know.

In the end we got something suitable at CanSki. They were friendly and offered good value. I'd guess they're a bit like Ellis Brigham and Snow and Rock - generally good service for most people but if you have problem feet or are after something very high performance and technical, how it works out will depend on which of their staff you happen to get.

Good luck and hope the snow's good for you!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are guys at Creekside(well there were a few years back) who were OKish - but their bootfitter is at another store that is a ride away.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy