Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Left luggage drop in Bourg St Maurice or Les Arcs?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We will be travelling overnight with Eurostar to Bourg St Maurice and then on to Arcs 2000. We want to ski all day, before our apartment becomes available at 5pm. Does anyone know anything about left luggage lockers in Arcs 2000, 1950, 1600, or Bourg?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
been done on here before - quite a few of the rental apartment blocks have 'luggage stores' where you can leave stuff whilst skiing - a few years back we left our kit in one and nipped off for the day no issue. May or may not be locked - ours was just a big room but with others doing the same and taking passports/other docs up the mountain with us we were reasonable happy..

holidayloverxxx has done 2x day trips to les arcs (friday night out, ski all day sat, return train sat night) but I can't seem to find her report on here. IIRC she found a kit hire shop in 1600 that had lockers...

I would speak / email whoever you are renting the appt from in 2000 and see what they suggest - alternatively the tourist office in either les arcs our bourg would probably be helpful... I'm not sure I'd look to leave my luggage in say 1800 for the day if I needed it back in 2000 at the end of the day...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chamcham wrote:
We will be travelling overnight with Eurostar to Bourg St Maurice and then on to Arcs 2000. We want to ski all day, before our apartment becomes available at 5pm. Does anyone know anything about left luggage lockers in Arcs 2000, 1950, 1600, or Bourg?

Polaire Sports right by the funicular/lift pass office at BSM will store your kit for about 2/3 euros, I have used them twice and have even used a corner of their shop to change in/out of gear. Not desperately convenient if you will be going back to Arc 2000 but still....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Once upon a time I would start my ski holidays with two weeks in Val d'Isere and two weeks in Meribel during Janaury.
I would catch the earliest bus out of Val d'Isere - often the package holdiay company I was using.
I would leave the bus at Bourg St Maurice railway station, stash my luggage in lockers at Bourg St Mauirce railway station.
I would then walk the length of the platform and catch the funicular up to Les Arcs for the day.
I would catch the funicular back down, train through to Moutier, bus up to Meribel in time for dinner.

But like I said once upon a time - that was in the 80s and early 90s.
Security reasons could have caused those lockers to be removed, however the baggage handling at Bourg St Maurice railway station may provide a left luggage service instead.

Let us know what you find.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy