Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tree lined slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got any tips on great resorts for tree lined skiing with guaranteed snow in Europe??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Serre Chevalier. French resort with plenty of fantastic treelined skiing. Snow record is pretty damn good aswell.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hampton, for tree lined you generally need below 2000m and thus much of Austria fits the bill. Google Ski Amade for great value.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Schladming has great tree lined skiing.Also prices are cheap.All the runs on the 4 linked mountains are tree lined and roughly 1000m of vertical which makes for long runs.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sainte Foy has tree-lined runs for about half the ski area. Some good off-piste tree runs too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hampton, Quite a few tree lined runs in the 3V (Meribel and Courchevel) too. Val T next door is too high for trees which makes it very snow sure all season.

Agree with Frosty the Snowman, too. Maria Alm is pretty, and good value. (and from memory has quite a few trees) snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For a high altitude resort Les Arcs has quite a lot of tree-lined skiing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gratuitous self plug wink – but you did ask

Folgarida.
It's in the Brenta Dolomites National Park (Northern Italy) around 90% of the on-piste is on tree lined slopes.

No such thing as guaranteed snow unless on a glacier. But, I have worked at this ski school for the past 7 years and have never once not been able to ski back to the town.

(never once not – is that correct English ? oh well)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hampton, I think Christopher, and rob@rar, pretty much have beat me to my 2 recommendations. Serre Che has Larches in the main, which have a dead twigs appearance as they are deciduous. Still nice though Very Happy The same would go for parts of the Milky Way [Sauze, etc]. Les Arcs has some nice treelined stuff too. More your typical christmas trees.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hampton, The Sella Ronda is predominately tree lined, especially Alta Badia. The snow has been brilliant for the past few years but I suppose it depends when you want to go.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wayne wrote:

(never once not – is that correct English ? oh well)

√√
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Hampton,
Another vote for Schladming, just beware that piste grooming is a bit hit and miss outside the weekends but almost all runs tree-lined and prices on the hill and in the town very reasonable- if you go there try a meal at the Kirchenwirt in the village square.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy