Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren Smith DVD's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Has anyone got any of the Warren Smith DVD's as I am looking to buy but want to find out what levels they are aimed at. DVD #1 appears to be aimed at Intermediates and advanced which is definitely where I sit (13 weeks Skiing) so I assume that it will suit me, I don't want to spend £17 and find out that it is aimed at a lower level, any advice appreciated,

Teecee
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TEECEE, Warren gave me a set, I did actually flick through them once. I think there's clips of each one on his website that will give you a guide to their contents. Have a look on fleabay for a copy, get one cheap and put the rest of the money towards a lesson.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TEECEE, I've got 'GoSki' which covers the whole spectrum - very briefly. Basic instructional value but OMG does it get me in the mood! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TEECEE, all of the DVDs are great. Warren explains things (sometimes) in a different way, his drills are excellent, I think all levels of skiers can benefit from watching them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got a couple of them (2&3) and I think both are excellent. They should be of some interest to any recreational level skier.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
there's a lot of interesting free instructional video stuff on youtube as well - the Warren Smith DVDs are okay - some good ideas, generally well explained and illustrated. He sells some handy pocket size guides as well at different levels from basic to advanced. Not sure though that I have ever really learned a lot -- as nothing beats just getting out there, finding some unpisted botty-clenching black mogul field and throwing yourself down it!
But they do keep me from descending into existential crisis during the summer when I am forced to lounge on some hot beach somewhere running after the kids and waiting for the winter to come Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TEECEE, Save yourself a tenner http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WARREN-SMITH-SKI-ACADEMY-Lesson-1-DVD_W0QQitemZ130370652791QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL?hash=item1e5ab24a77
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy