Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apres Ski Advice for Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going to Zermatt this weekend with some friends and would like some advice on best places to go for a drink / food in the evening. Any uptodate ideas? Thanks Kate
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kv, only one place to start in Zermatt, the Hennustall snowHead All these Zermatt threads are making me envious Mad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kv, this January, the Hennu Stall attracted a crowd on the village run down from Furi, the Papperla Pub near the Kirchbrucke is busy at apres time, later on the Scheewittchen club in the basement for pumping beats and late night partying into the wee hours.

The Hotel Post is a good place for a quiet drink, live Jazz in the club later, a bit more for the mature clientele. The Vernissage is supposed to be a stylish spot but I didn't try it.

North Wall Bar and Sparky's are where the seasonnaires hang out for cheap beers.

The Stockhorn Grill got good reviews for traditional swiss fondues and meat dishes from fellow travellers but there are loads of restaurants in Zermatt.

Chez Vrony and Zum See are seriously nice mountain restaurants and don't forget Chalet Etoile on the Cervinia side.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Sarah and Luigi - thank you for these hot tips for hot spots. Looks like we shall be eating, drinking and dancing well. Now that's what I call a holiday...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is a great ski down which runs to a lift system which feeds the main train up the mountain from the village. We did a ski/crawl including a couple of champers bars on the way down that run. It was great fun. On the other side of Zermatt the ski run down to near the gondola there is a pub which was busy and had good music. It may be the one mentioned above. We got smashed and skiied the rest of the way down (not very far) to the bus stop then got the bus to the centre of town.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In town Papperla, Sparkys, North Wall Bar, and Z'Atl Hischi are good. Grampi's is worth a look in once or twice to see Marco but Drinks are a bit more expensive. The Broken under the hotel post is open until about 4am.

On the slope, Hennu Stall, Othmars Hut, Olympia Stubli and Cervo all have live music at different times of the season.

Restaurants on the slope - Zum See, Chez Vrony, Blatten, Fluhalp, Chalet Etoile (cervinia), all worth the extra bit of cash.

Restaurants in resort - we had a large group meal at Sparkys. Very reasonably priced and pretty tasty Thai currys. Some members of the group went to Stockhorn Grill and rated it highly.

If you are there while the 6 nations is on we watched it in The Pipe (just down the road from Papperla) and the had drinks deals on during the game. Potters bar near the station will also be showing it and shows the football if that is of importance.

There is also a very nice bar opposite Sparkys called Bar 55 in the Firefly hotel. Has a pool table that you pay for by the hour and serves excellent but expensive cocktails.

Hope you have a great time.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy