Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OLYMPICS

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

Chemmy here.

Just want to thank everyone for all the great support i received at the OLYMPICS.

It was immense, tough and exciting. Did you see the women's DH? I think it was one of the best sporting events i have ever witnessed, so to say i was a competitor and finish 13th was incredible!!

Sadly funding issues got a little on top of me at the end. Instead of focusing on the GS i was worried about how i was going to finish the season and how to continue my form to becoming first ever british racer to ever make World Cup finals in SG. The pressure got too much - i felt like the future of British skiing was depending on me skiing fast. I took on more than i could chew and i braced and the result was disappointing.

But it has been a tough 4 years with time in a wheelchair having had surgery, missing most of last season with a broken ankle and of course losing my mother.

But i am a fighter. I have proved that time and time again. I know i can to it - I just neeed stronger self belief and to relax.

I mean 11th and 13th in the biggest event in the world is pretty huge but still there is more in the tank!

Anyhow chat soon
love
Chemmy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chemmy Alcott, welcome to the posting side of snowHead 's and well done!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chemmy Alcott, Great to see you here Chemmy, you can rightly be proud of yourself - very impressive given the funding (or lack of) issues!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chemmy Alcott, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
Lets hope you find time to post a bit more regularly than those two Bell Bros. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chemmy Alcott wrote:
I just neeed stronger self belief and to relax.

At times like these Jagermeister is your friend Wink

How do we know it's really you?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well done and welcome to snowHead . I hope you have managed to see the other threads of support. We are all very proud of your results so don't be too downbeat.
Take the good reports in the press but remember that the bad reports are probably a "journo" who has not got a clue and is out of their depth.

I'm sure I can speak for the majority on here by saying WELL DONE Happy

Please pop in now and then and let us now how you are getting on, while you build up to a race.

As for funding... one of the snowHead is starting a "keep Chemmy racing" thread. Or something like that. I hope you can benefit from it.

All the best
Bob (working from home today)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DB wrote:
How do we know it's really you?
Because I can confirm Cool

Welcome to snowHeads Chemmy! snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
what you doin later? Blush wink

congrats on the Games
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chemmy, must be an awesome experience to take part in the Olympics. You did great.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chemmy Alcott, welcome to snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chemmy Alcott, we're proud of you. What you do makes me proud to be a Brit. Welcome to snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chemmy Alcott,

Reiterate everything thats been said, I watched every race with pride.

Keep the belief !

Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chemmy Alcott, well done and welcome. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Chemmy!

We were really proud of you and it was great meeting you. Becks & Maddy send their love!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chemmy Alcott, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

And really well done at the Olympics - hope you keep it going Smile
snow report
Hi Chemmy,
Well done on all you've achieved and welcome to snowheads

Chemmy Alcott wrote:

I just neeed stronger self belief and to relax.

Thats exactly what Kerrin Lee-Gartner said in her commentary on one of your runs, you've got the skill (well we all know that!), we all believe it so it must be right!
ski holidays
I used to email chat with a newsreader while she was on air.
To prove it was really her I asked that she pick up the pen on her desk, pass it from hand to hand and put it down again.
She did....I was convinced.

So Chemmy....pick up a ski pole and pass it from hand to hand during your next televised race....then I'll believe it is really you wink

Until then, giving you the benefit of the doubt....well done, keep it up, believe in yourself and get it on.

P.S. Thanks for the signed photo you sent via your brother to my daughter, and say Hi to him from me.
latest report
Chemmy Alcott, welcome to snowHead !

I can't imagine what the pressures must have been like given the build up, but your DH run was a pleasure to watch.
snow conditions
Great to have you here Chemmy, and well done chuck!
<swoon> <thud>
Wink
latest report
Chemmy Alcott, welcome to snowHeads and WELL DONE! Very Happy
If you search for your name in this site, you'll find that snowHeads is full of dirty old men. But I think they mean well! wink
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
snowHeads is full of dirty old men
Oi! We're not all old... wink Laughing
snow conditions
Hurtle, Laughing Laughing exactly!

Chemmy Alcott, it was great watching you ski at the Olympics - well done and a great achievement against all the odds. And welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
Hi and welcome. snowHead
As others have said a great effort, well done.

A Quick Question - did the cameraman give you much grief when you fogged his lens up? Wink It looked good from this side Very Happy
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
Chemmy Alcott, welcome to snowHeads and WELL DONE! Very Happy
If you search for your name in this site, you'll find that snowHeads is full of dirty old men. But I think they mean well! wink

I think she may have realised that from the snowHeads visit to Hemel with her, there was that bloke with a pony tail who pushed evryone else out of the way just to stand next to her for a photo Laughing wink
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
....you'll find that snowHeads is full of dirty old men...

Oh, how we all wanted to be a Start Marshall......
latest report
Hi Chemmy, don't normally post here much but just had to say WELL DONE!
ski holidays
Chemmy Alcott, Great effort! Very Happy (despite the Snowsports GB fiasco) Sad

PS Do you Telemark at all? Toofy Grin
snow report
Chemmy Alcott, Sorry its late, but welcome to the madhouse. We were all routing for you in the Olympics. Standing in a small bar in Switzerland at the time cheering at the big TV we were watching. The kids still talk about skiing with you in Hemel Hempstead. Hope you enjoyed the honey!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chemmy Alcott, welcome to snowHead . If you need advice on wearing a helmet, you're in the right place. rolling eyes
latest report
Ooops, obviously busy in the bar and have missed this Embarassed

Chemmy Alcott, My favourite bit of the Olympics was seeing you wipe away Vonn's tears, spoke volumes about you as a person. The skiing was pretty damn fantastic aswell. Well done on your achievements and good luck with the funding.
snow conditions
Quote:

I mean 11th and 13th in the biggest event in the world is pretty huge but still there is more in the tank!

Huge? Actually a stunning achievement considering the circumstances.

Having watched Ms Alcott spend time coaching kids and other strange people wink at Hemel I have to say that she is the perfecvt role model for any sporting superstar. Good luck Chemmy.
snow report
Chemmy Alcott, I am aware that there must be a "burden" element to being the only British skier getting consistent high results (at present) - but equally there were not many skiers from any country who achieved so many top 30 results accross several events.

I thought that you did really well and didn't stop announcing proudly that "I've had a lesson with her, you know wink " (even to my wife who was sitting in the Hemel gallery at the time rolling eyes ) - and while in les Arcs I used the exercise you gave me of skiing like John Wayne to get my weight more evenly distributed even though it did make me look very silly indeed wink

Keep up the effort and keep smiling.

BTW, I very much agree with Shimmy Alcott about
Quote:

My favourite bit of the Olympics was seeing you wipe away Vonn's tears, spoke volumes about you as a person.
latest report
Chemmy Alcott, Superb effort and a great Olympic result. Welcome to snowHeads. snowHead
snow conditions
Freddie Paellahead wrote:

BTW, I very much agree with Shimmy Alcott about
Quote:

My favourite bit of the Olympics was seeing you wipe away Vonn's tears, spoke volumes about you as a person.

Surely Super Jules' tears Puzzled after the drama queen wrecked her first GS run with her hurt little finger.
ski holidays
Chemmy, I thought your efforts at the Olympics were fantastic, v well done. The focus that you have and the grit/ determination required to be mentally prepared, combined with the physical strength and skill are amazing.

I consider myself a reasonably strong skier and can throw myself down most pistes at speed, but would be a mile off your pace............... 13th fastest in the world, from a country with no pistes, very little support from National Government (unlike Austria, Swiss, US etc) is amazing. I was surprised when I saw the documentary on BBC Ski Sunday how little support you do get, and how you have to rough it, and are then expected to perform - WELL DONE YOU!

I know its probably been said many times but you deserve better from our UK sports in support, and the Lottery Fund. I guess your friend Ms Vonn has plenty of funding from the US team - ever thought of doing a "Girardelli" and skiing for Liechenstein or Luxembourg etc? - don't expect you to answer that here but worth of consideration.

WELL DONE - have a great summer, look forward to watching you again next winter Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy