Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would you like to support Chemmy Alcott and the British Team?

Poster: A snowHead
Put me down for £20 please.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is it worth linking this into Natives and j2ski? I'm not a member of either.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thats my bit off to PayPal. I watched her do us proud in vancouver while drinking in a bar in Tignes (more than can be said for Ms Vonn)

Would be good to get accasional updates on how much we have sent etc
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A payment option has now been added to the opening post on page 1. Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Or here if you like...

Support Chemmy and the British Team

Donation to support our athletes in their time of need
We all know how our ski team has been let down by the official body - let's see what our unofficial body can do to help ;-) They need funds to get them to the end of the season - Chemmy is the first British female to make it to the alpine world cup finals: she needs to know we're behind her!
P&P: £0.00

Quantity: GBP 10.00

Donate in multiples of £10 please - obviously, to donate £20 select a quantity of '2'
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The response on this topic has been brilliant and snowHeads should feel very proud of themselves!
Aside from the promises of cash above, there are also two vehicles that have been made available.
I've been chatting to Chemmy, her coach and Dougy Crawford of the men's team over the past couple of days and I think we have a plan forming.

Basically we have a really serious vehicle for the girls that should save them a load on van hire.
We're looking at the total funding gap re. getting Chemmy with her proper support crew to the World Cup Finals (First British Woman ever AFAIK) and once that's secure we can hopefully start diverting some towards the men's team, which is in just as dire need.
Chemmy was saying that the guys had been driving vans given them to use by SSGB when they were suddenly told that they were definitely not insured and the vehicles may have been reported stolen Shocked

First approximations though suggest that to get Chemmy her physio and cover accommodation and fuel costs to the end of the season we're looking at about £3500.
Still - we're up to about £1200 promised already - that's very impressive!

Payments: Don't worry, we'll run the payments through the snowAccounts system so you can pay via paypal, cheque, bank transfer or readies in a brown paper bag round the side of cash converters, as preferred.

On the up side paypal are charging us 1/2% lower than their normal rate currently due to high turnover last month.
Some people consider the charges worth paying for the convenience while others consider them worth making an effort to avoid - that's why we offer the other payment options even though it's more hassle at this end Little Angel
However you choose to make the payment, I will pass on whatever we get.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Paid Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Freddie Paellahead, me aswell. Now I want one of those thermometer things to show how much of the target we've achieved Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would love too help Chemmy, but the way my work has dried up recently and with 3 children at Uni, I just can't Justify it.

She has my support though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Freddie Paellahead, me aswell. Now I want one of those thermometer things to show how much of the target we've achieved Laughing
Me too and good idea. Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well that's my contribution for now, lets hope its enough and in time to help out Very Happy

Yoda, I take it that was mark 1 ? wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As promissed I've given the £50 Admin owed me to the fund, it would have only gone towards paying for a ski trip that I can't afford this year anywway, so I'd rather it went towards Chemmy than just carried on sitting in my snowaccount
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf, Wow, good on you
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Paid by PayPal.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JK, early bird catches the worm wink Just a quick play and wanted to check any copyright issues so I took it down again. That was just straight code so needed manual updating but with a bit of script I think it could be linked to the Paypal donations. Whether anyone has time to do that is another matter Toofy Grin
latest report
Paypal not working on iPhone so will settle later.
snow conditions
Paid ours by transfer. Easy and no charges from PayPal!!! Thanks chaps.

Good Luck Chemmy!
ski holidays
done
snow report
Done (after Admin helped me out with my first botched attempt Embarassed ).
ski holidays
Payment without any fees deducted headed your way Admin when I log on to the bank later
ski holidays
now sorted via adminpal
snow conditions
I must be mad .. cant even agree with my own views (ie that we should be investing in the mid-term future of Snowsports ie kids). However, even if British Skiing as a Sport may need a Root and Branch review ( ie an effing great kick up the back bottom), I think it would be great to try and help our skiers see out the season properly. I'm in.
ski holidays
£20 transferred by bank to save on fees.
latest report
paid up!!
snow report
this is a great effort, and I would love to donate money but am not in a position to. I've offered the Easimobile though, I do suspect that it would cost too much to run, and be too old to be of any interest and haven't heard, so assume a no. Sad
snow conditions
All done
ski holidays
easiski, I would hope you'd get an acknowledgement of your offer though snowHead
latest report
My donation now sorted Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Iski, I expect so.

I've put a link to this thread on my FB page - hope they can get through if they're not members. Very Happy
ski holidays
That's me paid up. 91p on top! I'm not made of money you know.
snow report
Done - and yes, it would be very good to see a running total.
snow conditions
Paid.
ski holidays
Nationwide to Nationwide transfer done so hopefully all of my £20 is in your account already Admin!
snow report
£30 done by bank transfer. Hope we make the target - love the idea of a 'Blue Peter' thermometer!
ski holidays
£30 by bank transfer paid.
snow report
Now look what you've done to me... I got so swept up in the moment that after making my "Chemmy" payment I came over all gushy and sentimental (and blame the half bottle of chianti) and ended up resubscribing to snowheads on an annual basis after lazily letting my membership lapse.
snow conditions
We've just passed the £1k mark.

Not bad given we only opened for payments at 3:30 this afternoon Cool

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 2-03-10 22:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Quote:

love the idea of a 'Blue Peter' thermometer!

Jeez, you'll have us collecting milk bottle tops next. Takes me back.
snow report
I have donated via shimmypal. Very Happy
ski holidays
Done.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy