Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would you like to support Chemmy Alcott and the British Team?

Poster: A snowHead
arv, Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Think it would be worth waiting a short while and hearing about the extent of the team's new funding before such wealth redistribution talk. It's one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" moments in the history of British skiing and it would be an amazement if the athletes didn't need to fund part themselves (and also, don't forget, run their lives away from the slopes - can't be a full-time athlete striving for podiums and earn a living wage). Individually they'll still need sponsors IMO.

However,
Quote:

Admin could nominate a bar and stand drinks to donors until the fund runs dry.
, hard to argue with that idea.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JimW, careful, we're all heading towards being reprimanded again. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
knuckle (w)rapping Little Angel
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Think it would be worth waiting a short while and hearing about the extent of the team's new funding before such wealth redistribution talk. It's one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" moments in the history of British skiing and it would be an amazement if the athletes didn't need to fund part themselves (and also, don't forget, run their lives away from the slopes - can't be a full-time athlete striving for podiums and earn a living wage). Individually they'll still need sponsors IMO..

Yeah, I bet they're all really thrifty and don't waste money on big houses or flashy cars. rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

reprimanded

closer to righteous indignation IMO Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret, the righteous shall inherit the earth Little Angel
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops, I thought he said the greeks - but I couldn't hear clearly.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chemm'ys name was used to promote this whole thing therefore she should get the proceeds, secured funding or not, every little extra bit helps along the way

i just can't believe this has run into 15 pages of whining
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM, Chemmy should get the funds but I can understand why people are concerned that she either hasn't got it or if she has why we haven't been told yet, as a whole it's a non-trivial amount of money.

I accept that admin was a conduit and I don't really understand who was meant to be organising the donation end but this has gone on too long.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM, Whining started on page 8, so it's only 7.5 pages of whining.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maybe keep the money until the end of this coming season when she will be skint again and desperately needs it to finish off the WC season .... Little Angel
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
youspurs1 wrote:
rayscoops, I thought he said the greeks - but I couldn't hear clearly.

no. that was indebit wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
youspurs1, i stand corrected, 7.5 pages it is Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
youspurs1 wrote:
CEM, Whining started on page 8, so it's only 7.5 pages of whining.

Laughing
latest report
CEM wrote:
chemm'ys name was used to promote this whole thing therefore she should get the proceeds, secured funding or not, every little extra bit helps along the way

i just can't believe this has run into 15 pages of whining

Wow, now the whining about whining has started. Laughing
snow conditions
PJSki, Hope you were being sarky? TJ's flashy car is a 2000 VW Polo with a big dent in the bonnet and only 4 gears as 5th gear is broken. Cannot afford to mend it. Can only just afford to put petrrol in to go to train etc. His flashy house is a room living at home with his parents rent free as he has no money. He is GB's No1 in Super Combined and No3 in Downhill & Super G. He is 19 and earns nothing at all from skiing and certainly will have to pay a lot to be able to compete full time with the GB team on the Europa Cup circuit next season. Most of the rest of the team are in the same boat.
Out of the whole of the team Chemmy does get the most sponsorship by a long way but her programme of World cup races does cost a lot more.
The new funding for the team is nowhere near enough for the whole season. Only 2 coaches which is nowhere near enough. No vehicle sponsor etc etc.
They all desperately still need money!
latest report
Plugboy wrote:
PJSki, Hope you were being sarky?
No, that would be a sign of intelligence.

I'm hearing it too - the PR soundbites about funding are miles from the reality. I'm sure a vehicle sponsor will come out of the woodwork but more hard cash sponsors this close in will be tough to close.
snow report
Ok just a small reality check here. I donated to Chemmy because , er, well WTF not? and watching her ski is a pleasure. (not least because she has a cute derriere.) Toofy Grin

But here's the thing, pleading the case for professional skiers 'poverty' starts to grate after a while. I mean they are all doing stuff we'd all love to do if only we had the skill, youth, money, lack of responsibilities, etc etc etc.

Telling me that: "TJ's flashy car is a 2000 VW Polo with a big dent in the bonnet and only 4 gears as 5th gear is broken. Cannot afford to mend it. Can only just afford to put petrrol in to go to train etc. His flashy house is a room living at home with his parents rent free as he has no money."

Doesn't make think 'oh, poor lamb, must reach for cheque book' it makes me think 'stop whining and get on with it'. Most of us have to work for a living, and only get to ski when we can afford to. Don't expect my heart to bleed too much for someone who 'needs money' so that they can ski 'full time' instead of working for a living.

Ok now shoot me. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Axsman, exactly.
http://youtube.com/v/gIuotFZnBtk&feature=related
snow conditions
Plugboy,
Good luck to you both. But I have to say that ski racing isn't my idea of skiing. I just look upon racing as elitist, pretentious and dull...a bit like rowing and polo...
ski holidays
PJSki, my rowing club subscription and my old dry ski club subscription added together come to less than the subs for the local gym. Massively elitist.
latest report
Elite?
Polo - yes, you probably need a ton of old or new money to get anywhere (and a horse or six of course) unless you're an incredibly gifted Argentinian gaucho.
Rowing - no, cheap to get into, loads of people from all walks of life do it. Definitely not elite. Dull, yes, elite, no.
Ski racing - no, our most successful racers have come from fairly humble backgrounds, especially the Spey Valley variety.

Axsman, yep, "poverty" is relative. Don't think anyone is claiming real poverty like wot you see in Indian gutters etc, but they are poor when compared to their counterparts from USA etc.
snow report
The problem here is that unless the money is

a) donated to the cause for which it was raised, or
b) returned to those that made the donations

then Admin could find himself in very deep water with the nice men in blue as the laws and rules about funraising and donations are a tangled web Sad

A cheque make out to ms Alcott would be the best solution as it was her name on the original post, Even if she has now secured funding it is better that Snowheads Admin do not end up getting into hot water (unless its a hottub Toofy Grin ) with Chemmygate.

Even if she uses it for bikini waxing and a massage then a huge knees up, that would not be Admins problem, Whilst the money sits in the snowheads account it is a big issue and it cannot be simply be given to some other charity or cause as it was raised in Chemmy's name.

It seems such a shame that such an 'alturistic' gesture by snowHead 's has turned out this way, one thing is for sure though, the longer it drags on then the more difficult it will be to unpick the pieces.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller,
Quote:
Rowing - no, cheap to get into, loads of people from all walks of life do it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about all those council estate kids and their rowing clubs. rolling eyes

Ski racing requires relatively high capital investment, making it elitist.
snow conditions
PJSki, You're confusing elitism with just being normal. You're confusing having a decent living with being posh. Your council estate kids seem to be able to afford crystal meth and horse tranquiliser and a bit of sculling would do them a power of good. Or golf, why don't they play golf FFS?
snow report
Chemmygate Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
PJSki wrote:
Oh yeah, I forgot about all those council estate kids and their rowing clubs. rolling eyes

You've been talking to one rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bikini waxing, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
snow report
youspurs1, wrong forum.
ski holidays
PJSki wrote:

Whereas gyms grow from acorns, playing fields flatten and mow themselves, and trainers are SO cheap these days.
snow conditions
andyph wrote:
PJSki wrote:

Whereas gyms grow from acorns, playing fields flatten and mow themselves, and trainers are SO cheap these days.

Gyms are relatively expensive and I never joined one as a kid or an adult. But as far as playing fields go, me and my mates never got charged for putting a couple jumpers down and playing football.
snow conditions
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
PJSki wrote:

You've been talking to one rolling eyes

So when you joined your rowing club as a kid, were you nicknamed token?
latest report
PJSki, have you worked out yet no one is interested in your off topic baiting rolling eyes
snow report
Quote:

putting a couple jumpers down and playing football.

Ah that word "jumper" reveals a lot - how posh.
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Quote:

putting a couple jumpers down and playing football.

Ah that word "jumper" reveals a lot - how posh.

And the working class word is?
latest report
Top.
snow report
skimottaret wrote:
PJSki, have you worked out yet no one is interested in your off topic baiting rolling eyes

Well then, you just run along and ignore it. In fact ignore this post too, if you can. Laughing
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
Top.

So, 'Small boys, playing football in the park. Tops for goalposts. Mother's calling. Time for tea. Marvellous.'

Doesn't sound quite right to me. Anyway, we called them jumpers.
snow conditions
PJSki, no I wasn't, and I find the suggestion offensive both to me and my clubmates. Fortunately the club was full of decent people from all sorts of walks of life (as is my current club in London) and not pricks like you. Stop sprouting BS.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy