Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would you like to support Chemmy Alcott and the British Team?

Poster: A snowHead
Colin B, Yup.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

You wouldnt let it lie !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing wrote:
PJSki wrote:
I'm against giving money to what is effectively a business. No problem with an interest free loan though. We are talking about someone who is likely to take over from Sue Barker at the BBC and earn millions, after all.

So I'm in, but not to the point of giving money unconditionally.

PJSki wrote:
flangesax wrote:
PJSki, well if enough is raised maybe Alcott can wear the odd SH's hat or other branding of some kind... that would be good to see on Ski Sunday!
'Independent snow forum keeps GB athlete on the piste!'

Exactly.

Not often PJ and I agree but here he makes a good observation.

I'm astonished Chemmy hasn't got the funds and is looking for bits of help. Having featured on Citizen watch adverts and the like. Harsh as it sounds I tend to agree with PJSki. Surely grass roots support should go for those on the way up without the profile and leverage with potential sponsors that Chemmy has. After all she has an agent! http://www.octagon-uk.com/content.aspx?menu=75
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
a new sponsor?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=64390&highlight=
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Having featured on Citizen watch adverts
smoke & mirrors... the deal there is glossy magazine exposure but no fee.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bode Swiller,
Quote:

Is that what she told you? I do not believe that for a
minute.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller wrote:
Quote:

Having featured on Citizen watch adverts

I cann't believe she features on full page sunday supplement adverts and billboards on the underground for nothing!!!!! Is it April 1st?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ph, weeSKI, well, it's true. Why, for instance, do you think they used a cricketer and not a footballer if they were in the business of paying the talent? If you wanted to sell watches your first choice sport wouldn't be cricket.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hope she at least gets a watch out of the deal
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret wrote:

Proberly about raising the athletes profile with the public, afterall GB skiing is still not particularly prominent in the mind of the population.
Raise the profile should make if possible to reach more potential sponsorship..
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller wrote:
If you wanted to sell watches your first choice sport wouldn't be cricket.

It would in India.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller, your choice may depend upon your budget wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bob wrote:
skimottaret wrote:

Proberly about raising the athletes profile with the public, afterall GB skiing is still not particularly prominent in the mind of the population.
Raise the profile should make if possible to reach more potential sponsorship..

Change the population to 'GB Citizens'

Updated by the Pun Dept.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller, I sure they paid KP a nice whack...plus it kinda worked..I quite like the watch he advertises..
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Without having to read back through pages does anyone know what happened to the snowheads Chemmy fund?
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, You'll no doubt be suggesting that Sir Ian Botham doesn't get paid to advertise Shredded Wheat next rolling eyes
ski holidays
The Voice of Reason wrote:
Bode Swiller, You'll no doubt be suggesting that Sir Ian Botham doesn't get paid to advertise Shredded Wheat next rolling eyes

I heard he does it because he really likes (bite size) whole wheat based cereal. Give the man a break.
snow conditions
arv wrote:

I heard he does it because he really likes (bite size) whole wheat based cereal. Give the man a breakfast.

Fixed that for you.
ski holidays
though alan lamb actually hates lamb..
ski holidays
The Voice of Reason, What's Beefy got to do with it FFS? Let me offer you a better example - Lee Westward, World's number 3 golfer, wears a big Dunlop logo right? He doesn't get paid a penny for doing so... until, that is, if he wins a major (which he might never do just like Monty) in which case he gets a very large cheque. There are all sorts of creative sponsorship deals going on out there. Over the last few years sponsors have cut back dramatically on hard cash - it just looks like business as usual that's all. As far as Chemmy is concerned, the Citizen deal has been worth it because I've seen a survey that suggests she is in the top five most recognised female sports stars in the UK just behind the Jessicas and Paulas. It's made her more bankable for her next deal.
snow conditions
andyph, thanks Laughing

papasmurf, Michael Fish hates tuna.
snow report
arv wrote:
Without having to read back through pages does anyone know what happened to the snowheads Chemmy fund?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, Wink

Seriously though... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
yes, what did she spend it on ? Little Angel
snow conditions
rayscoops, A new watch ... rolling eyes
snow conditions
Agenterre, and some 'glossy mags' wink
ski holidays
Quote:

Why, for instance, do you think they used a cricketer and not a footballer

I'd be less inclined to look at/ buy anything advertised by a footballer. wink
snow report
arv wrote:
Good question. Strikes me that, particularly now there's some sort of sponsorship for the team, the easiest thing for admin to do would be to reimburse us all. The whole thing appears to have been more trouble (to admin at least) than it was worth. Seems pointless just to leave it mouldering in some account indefinitely.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle wrote:
arv wrote:
Good question. Strikes me that, particularly now there's some sort of sponsorship for the team, the easiest thing for admin to do would be to reimburse us all. The whole thing appears to have been more trouble (to admin at least) than it was worth. Seems pointless just to leave it mouldering in some account indefinitely.

I agree. Full reimbursement plus interest Toofy Grin
snow conditions
arv,
Quote:

plus interest

That's pushing it, naughty boy! wink If it's in an interest-bearing account, I for one would be happy for the interest to go to snowHeads.
ski holidays
I'm a bit out of touch with this thread now, but if the funds are no longer needed by Chemmy and co, then I don't need mine back. It's gone, I haven't missed it and so if it's at a loose end, then it can wend it's way to somewhere it is needed. Disability Snowsports or similar - not bothered just as long as it goes somewhere useful.
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
Good question. Strikes me that, particularly now there's some sort of sponsorship for the team, the easiest thing for admin to do would be to reimburse us all.

Are you serious? The amount of work involved in trying to trace and re-imburse everyone would be loads of hassle?!
ski holidays
nbt,
Quote:

The amount of work involved in trying to trace and re-imburse everyone would be loads of hassle?!
Why? Our snowHead accounts seem to work perfectly efficiently for all sorts of tiddly payments. The record is there, though I grant it would make things easier if people were actually requested to reclaim (or to agree to a donation elsewhere, as Schuss in Boots suggests.)
ski holidays
And this, my fellow posters, is the reason I buy a lottery ticket as opposed to donating directly to a sporting cause..... Twisted Evil
latest report
I'm sure chemmy and Co can still do with any addtional funding that is offered on top of what ever this new deal is..
latest report
And this, my fellow posters, is the reason I buy a lottery ticket as opposed to donating directly to a sporting cause..... Twisted Evil
The voice of reason indeed.
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
Why? Our snowHead accounts seem to work perfectly efficiently for all sorts of tiddly payments.

WIth a lot of faffing around behind the scenes by Admin that you don't see in many cases. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it won't be a case of simply pressing a button and magically refunding everyone - each payment will have to be refunded individually
snow report
If it's not got to Chemmy, Admin could nominate a bar and stand drinks to donors until the fund runs dry.
snow conditions
nbt,
Quote:

each payment will have to be refunded individually
Indeed. But it's not as though thousands, or even hundreds, of people donated. But, in any event (call me old-fashioned, bloody-minded, or just plain annoying) prolonged inaction is not an acceptable option.
snow report
but the queston remains... where actually is the money? - for all we know it could have been gratefully received and properly spent already on its intended cause.

If "someone in authority" would care to comment, then idle speculation would cease, and we could all get on with life. Please...?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy